Monday, February 23, 2009

YOU MIGHT BE ADOPTING FROM CHINA IF.......

....you know that I-600 & I-171 aren't highways.

....you've been expecting a baby for over 3 years.

....you understand that it's 2006 in some parts of the world.

....you've "paid for" 3 immigration approvals, but never brought anyone into the U.S.

.....you know that waiting for China has nothing to do with Dillards or dishes.

....your homestudy is followed by a number (i.e. #3 or #4).

....you never know how many days next month will have.

....you know that babies come in batches.

....you've been fingerprinted four times, but never committed a crime.

....you automatically assume everyone who is expecting is having a girl.

....you own new clothing in 3 little sizes for all 4 seasons (because you don't know when or how big).

....you look twice when you see a ladybug.

....you're more interested in what will happen in March 2006 than in March 2009.

....you know people who understand when you talk about 2 day months & 5 day months.

....your due date hasn't changed by days, but by years.

..you know who the Rumor Queen is.....AND

.... you don't know who she is.

....you know that forecast doesn't have anything to do with the weather.

....you've waited so long, they re-checked your fingerprints to see if they changed.

....trying to understand why they're printing you again, you study your own fingerprints and wonder if fingerprints grow wrinkles.

....when you speak of "that time of month" you're talking about CCAA updates & referrals.

You might be adopting from China if you love someone you've never met with all your heart.


(I copied this after seeing it on several blogs...I'm not sure who wrote it, but it's very cute.)

10 Comments:

Blogger Truly Blessed said...

So true, so true.

And if you're not adopting from China (or haven't), you just don't "get it".

Soon, Mama, we're all pulling for a huge batch this month!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Debbie & Barry said...

Came across your blog via another..and see that you are so close. What a great post! Our wait from log in to referral was 23 months...that, painful at times, wait seems short now as I look back and probably does to you. My thoughts are with you and your growing family!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh, that's GOOD! How did the audit go?

10:54 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

I keep checking back here every other day hoping to see some news!
I hope they hurry up for you!

3:19 PM  
Blogger ~Kristen said...

I LOVE this Lisa!!!

I'm sending out the positive vibes for ya!!!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Now that's funny. Or maybe it's not?
LOL! Right there with ya, sistah.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Ha - you understand that it's 2006 in some parts of the world! I also love how it's still March 2006 that's on our minds not March 2009!
Oh how one CAN love someone they've not yet met. So many truths. Soon you will be able to laugh over them and not feel such an ache. =)

7:45 PM  
Blogger J said...

Wow, does this list hit the nail on the head. I can't even remember when the last "batch" came. Chinese New Year always seem to really throw a wrench in the schedule. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

9:16 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

And here I was thinking you were so clever to make that uP?!!!

I like to check your blog = coz you definitely seem to be up with all the goss!!! Hoping this is your week, my friend!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Oh!!! I was going to give you all the credit for that funny stuff! I was feeling jealous I hadn't thought of it myself!!!

All too funny and All TOO true!!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..