Monday, November 10, 2008

WHAT'S UP









  • Looks like the cut off this month was February 17Th. Two days. I guess I shouldn't have complained when I thought we were getting five. I'm still having Ian remove four links from the chain as the 18Th and 19Th were weekend days and nobody was logged in. MY chain....MY rules. That brings us down to 17 LID days left to process until they get to us.


  • The good news that came from the last batch was that Mr. Stork was carrying the referral of a special little girl that belongs to my not so secret pal, J. Click here if you want to see total cuteness. Congratulations J and family!!

  • Sent off my request for my renewal of my I171H last Monday. Received a notice from our local US-CIS office that the request was received and not to contact them for 90 days. Bite me.

  • When we met with our social worker to update our paperwork she said, "Even if China only refers two days a month from here on out.....You probably won't have to renew a fourth time." That statement sure gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. Not.

  • It's cold here. Just last week I went to work without a coat. Ugh. I told Peaches, "Well, we have to have Winter before we can have Spring again." Peaches said, "That was really deep." =)

  • I started my Christmas shopping. This needs to go on record as being the earliest I have EVER started shopping for Christmas. I'm usually one to put everything off until the last possible minute.

  • I'm loving the fact that gas is down to $1.95. I thought for sure that the prices were going to go back up after the election. Speaking of the election......Glad it's OVER! Sick to death of it messing with my TV schedule.

  • Griffin gets his braces off today. He doesn't know that after his appointment I'm going to take him to get a haircut too. He HATES to get his haircut because he thinks it looks good long. DRIVES! ME! NUTS!! Why doesn't he just accept the fact that I know best???!!

  • Peaches is having a B-day this Friday and mine is next Monday. This is the first year that I really could care less about turning another year older. You're only as old as you feel...

  • Peaches has been hobbling around like an old man the last few days. He was doing some exercises and screwed up his knee. This is why I think exercise is stupid. I say REST your body parts and they will last longer.

  • My latest fear is that we will be in China at the same time as Hope's graduation from High School. Any other time is fine.....Just NOT then. Hope is already talking smack about us needing to chose her graduation over China.

  • I'll update this post later with a picture of Ian removing the loops from the Ava LID chain. I'll also get a picture of Griffin without the braces and hopefully sporting a new shorter haircut. Fingers crossed.

9 Comments:

Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

Real comforting to hear this is the last time you need to re-new the I 171H... haha- NOT! So if you have 16 days to go then I would have 15 days... hey I'm a math genius.

Really hoping you (and me, too) will be back from China way before the graduation.

3:25 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Yeah, great news from the social worker...thppptt!

Yep, hope you're back before graduation too...at this point I hope I'm back before graduation. Sucko this 'end of the wait' stuff is.

I remember getting rid of my braces. It felt GREAT. I was back in the day of the mouth full of metal.

Ah, alas, it is time to slop the hogs here.

Wishing you well.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

I started x-mas shopping a few weeks ago as well - I always start early.
Don't you ever just want to throw that paper chain INTO the fireplace. This is really getting sucky. The closer we get - the harder it gets, YKWIM?
Do you ever think what if we were logged in a week or two after we were DTC like so many other people - instead of it taking us a MONTH. If we were logged in only a week after DTC, we would have received our referral this month.
Now that I was a complete joy-kill I will sign off.
peace.

8:08 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Thanks for that fine reminder that I must renew the I700....so sick of this s&*%.

2 days or 4 days...it's all the same. I'm chuckling at anyone that assumed there would be a speed up after the Olympics.

I predict you will be traveling during graduation time because that is just the way this whole ordeal has gone. Really, tell me what has gone right?

8:33 PM  
Blogger J said...

I'm so sorry that this was such a miserably small batch. It does get so much harder the closer you get!!! Thanks for the well wishes. I'm still in a fog and my back went out on me yesterday so I'm pretty much all around useless !!! Thank God for chiropractors.

Joanne

8:38 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

I like your rules. I just don't want to think about any of it, just at the moment. I was SO angry they only allocated 1&1/2 days. I've talked myself into a Jan referral. Another Christmas passes and no extra family member. :(

Bet G is rapt to have his braces off?! Mikayla will need to get some in the next year or so, have an appt with the ortho in a couple of weeks.... show me the money?!!

Poor peaches. Maybe peaches could have a massage for his birthday?!

I've finished my Christmas shopping. I detest crowded shops. So I do most of my shopping between July-Oct!!! It was easy this year. Both kids love their DS games. H loves Leg0 and M loves Littlest Pet Sh0ps.

Whens graduation?

9:01 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

I wondered the same thing about this really being four days.

$1.95!!! I would have never thought gas would go under $2 again. We are still at $2.10.

You will be back before graduation.

Christmas Shopping - haven't even thought about it yet. :)

11:08 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

I'd go with 4 days too, Ian looks so cute holding those up, looks like you have one toothless and one with perfect teeth!

Paid $1.94 today at Sams Club for gas! Was I proud of myself... maybe we will see airfares come down too!!

Sending my fingerprint request off tomorrow myself... You know because they expire!! ;)

I'm also obviously in that no excersize club... I tried the ab lounger 2 weeks ago and ended up with a back ache for a whole week! Ugh

11:53 PM  
Blogger Truly Blessed said...

2 loops or 4...who's counting? Glad Ian was able to take some off!

I predict you'll have your referral in hand in May, and will travel AFTER Hope's graduation -- the third and fourth weeks of June. It's hot in China in June, I'm warning you!

But, the great news is that you'll have all summer long with your sweet Ava girl before the older kids have to go back to school.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..