Monday, October 13, 2008

UPDATE BULLET STYLE


  • My gosh, half the month of October is almost gone.....Time is a flying. We're having some BEAUTIFUL Fall weather here in Michigan. We were all sad when we closed our pool down last month. However, I'll be thrilled to have a "normal" gas bill this month. I'm going to have to re-think keeping my pool at such high temperatures next year.....I about choked when I received a $1,380 gas bill in September and about a $900 one for October. ACK! Here are a few pictures from our last swim of 2008. Ian finally mastered the deep end about two weeks before we closed the pool. He had always been frightened of water, but now he is our little fish.


Dad and Ian enjoying the last swim. *sniff* What could that be on Dad's arm? All I can say is we better be getting referred a little girl or we will have no choice, but to name a little boy Ava.


Mom and her two boys.



  • Ian started soccer last month. This is the first year he has ever played. We're so happy that he was placed on a team with a wonderful coach.....It sure does make a difference on who you get. At this age, I don't even think the kids even realize if they have won or lost....AND considering his team has yet to win a game.....I'm quite happy that they're just out there to have fun.



  • Not sure what happened, but an agency received referrals for their 2/16 families last week. Everyone was super excited thinking that the CC*AA had sent out an extra batch this month. It appears that only one agency received the referrals.....That means we won't be taking another loop off the chain until next time. The best part of the surprise batch was that Shannon received her referral for ELLIE!!! Oh my word....What a cutie!! Those dimples!! Those chubby cheeks!! Click on her name to go see for yourself.....She is adorable!

  • I read a "rumor" the other day that someone received an email from their agency that said the CC*AA was going to process at least 7 days next batch with a probability of 15. I've been in this process for a long time to know that rumors usually (especially if they're good ones) don't pan out, but this one made my stomach do flip flops. I know we're getting close, but that's REALLY close. I need to go clean SOMETHING!!!


  • Saturday night was the Homecoming dance. I still can't believe that Hope is a Senior.....Although, my pocketbook can believe it. Man, I never realized how expensive kids were....I'm here to tell you that so far Senior year has been the most expensive of them all (I'll assume that next year will be even more costly with college expenses). Here is a picture of Hope & her boyfriend before the dance.




  • I'm exhaused today. I've been getting into the habit of waking up (thanks to Bella who has to go outside to use the bathroom) about 3:30 or 4:00 in the morning and not being able to get back to sleep. If you notice that I'm commenting on your blog during the early morning hours....That is why.





11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY MACARONI! Those are some freakin' high gas bills!!!!!!
I had to click on Peaches picture to see the tat up close and see what was written on it. Tell him I said he's gangsta now. word.
7 days with prob. of 15? I read that also - not giving it any thought.
We need to talk. I've been thinking about travel time. Do you guys know where you are flying out of for China? It would be nice to try to fly togther. I know Delta now flies out of Atlanta nonstop to China. Think about it - wouldn't it be great to be stuck with me in a tiny airplane for 20 hours?? Anyway, we'll talk about it....

4:54 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

I about choked when I saw your gas bills! That's insane.

Love that tat. I clicked to enlarge as well. Very cool concept.

I can't believe how close you guys are getting. Ack! I'm so freakin' excited!

5:22 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

I just had a small stroke at your gas bills. Oye!

Y'all need some ducks on that pool water...fluffy ones to keep the heat in ;0)

Not listenin' to none of them that rumors...gonna go slop the pigs.

6:18 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

High gas prices but pools are so worth it! IMHO

Love the tat!

Keep smilin!

7:02 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Holy gas bills was my first thought! Turn that heater off baby!

Rock on with the tat! You've branded him for life. Guess Peaches is stuck with you now. Did you give him the 'opt out now' choice before the branding?

I hadn't heard the rumor, thanks for getting me excited about something that will never take place....do yo feel good about yourself now? Geesh, no regard for anyone else's thoughts.

7:30 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Look at you sexy people?!! I'm sure Ava will be a girl! We've got a boys name... but he better look good in pink!!!

OMG! 7-15 days worth?!!! Nah, that's definitely a FOS rumour! (full of s... - I just made that up!!!) But, hey, stranger things have happened, like sending one day's worth of referrals out, a week after a batch?!!!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

Get out!!! Maybe 15 days???? I am freakin' on that one. Oh please let it be true!

Gas bill???? That is more than my house payment.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Whoa!!! That isn't a gas bill - that's a mortgage payment! Ouch!

Fifteen days?!?! That would be AWESOME, but I'm not holding my breath! :)

I'm with you at 3:30 - 4 am. I don't know why I can't sleep any more, but it really stinks! This doesn't mean we're getting 'old' does it?

11:56 AM  
Blogger Johnny said...

Holy Camoly! I thought I was dying with my $600 electric/water bill this summer!

1:21 PM  
Blogger redmaryjanes said...

My hubs and Zach are outside now pulling out dock out of the lake, so we're saying goodbye to the summer too.

I don't know about the rumors, I never find them to come true, they start out big and get whittled away as the days get closer.

But miracles happen :)

6:13 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Thank you for the sweet comments about Ellie! I'm totally in love!
15 day batch? Oh please, please be true!
That tattoo is awesome!
Hope looks beautiful-senior year is such a great time!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..