Monday, September 22, 2008

THE CIRCUS AND NEW FLOORING

The circus was in town last week and Jeff and I took Ian on Saturday night. Here is a picture of Ian and I outside the arena.


Here is Ian and his Daddy. It was such a beautiful night and we enjoyed walking around before we went in.

When I purchased tickets online last week.....I requested the best seats that were left. I didn't even bother to check to see where the seats were located.....Didn't matter, we just had to get seats. However, I was complaining (to anyone that would listen) that the cost of the tickets were $65 a person and HOW IN THE HECK ARE LARGE FAMILIES SUPPOSED TO AFFORD THE CIRCUS????!! My gawd, they cost more than the Idol tickets. H E L L O....We're talking MORE than tickets to see David C*ook (my honey....my love!)???! When we got to the circus we found out that our seats were right in the front row.....That explains the cost. Also, with the front row seats we were given a "celebrity pass" and were told that they would come and get us and we would enjoy our 15 minutes of fame and be part of the show! We got to dance with the clowns....I only wish I wouldn't have been carrying my purse or I really could have been able to let loose with some of my "world famous" moves. We then rode a train around the arena floor as they sang.....BELLO BELLO BELLO BELLO BELLO BELLO BELLO BELLO-BRATION. Sadly, that song has been playing in my head since Saturday night.

They also gave us "hair" to wear. We were supposed to look like Bello (pictured behind Peaches). I just noticed that Peaches looks like he smoked his dinner in this picture. He. Didn't.

Gotta love the Bello hairdo.

The clowns and other circus people danced and twirled around us while we were on the train.

Here are a couple of the circus acts. Tell me, how do they do this?? My gosh, I can barely touch my toes.....How does anyone do something like THAT??

Loved the elephants. The one bad thing about sitting so close.....The smell. I think one elephant might have had an upset tummy. Other than the smell....The seats were totally worth the price. We really had a great time.

I spent this morning taking things out of cabinets in our living room. We're having 1500 square feet of wood flooring installed this week in our living room, kitchen and master bedroom. Our carpet is only four years old, but I'm so sick of it looking dirty all the time with all the animals we have. It's going to be so much easier to clean up if one of the cats hawks up a hairball, etc.

Here are a few before pictures. The carpet doesn't look that dirty in these pictures, but trust me....It is.

Sadly, they have to take out all of our old wood flooring in the kitchen and hallway. We wouldn't have been able to match it up perfectly.....That would have bugged me. The floor also looks better in these pictures than it actually is. It was in desperate need of being refinished anyway.


Jeff brought down the baby gate from the attic and put it up this weekend. I wanted to be able to keep the dogs downstairs while the men are working on the floors. I guess with as close as we're getting to our referral.....We can leave it up! Whoo-Hoo! Bella and a couple of the skinnier cats can still fit between the rails. Oh well. =)

6 Comments:

Blogger redmaryjanes said...

We didn't go to the circuis this year, it just kind of didn't register with us that it was in town until it was all over with.
Love the hair though!

4:37 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Sorry, chicklet. I had to skip right to the part about the flooring...looking forward to seeing that :0)

My poor kid will be circus deprived. I.HATE.CLOWNS. Those things are just downright creepy. I'll roll in the mud with a sow first and leave the circus to you, sweets.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am anti-circus.
That being said - where the heck are the pictures of you getting your groove on???????Those I want to see!
I don't know how you lasted so long with carpeting and dogs - the carpets still look great though. Mine would have been stained with GA. red clay dirt.
KEEP THAT GATE DOWN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5:45 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Shall I search You Tube for the fun, anonymous guy who recorded your dance? I'd just love to have a good laugh.

About that gate....funny thing, I just donated mine to Goodwill this past week. Got sick of storing it.

7:33 PM  
Blogger J said...

Maintenance free, the only way to go. Looks lovely.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Truly Blessed said...

Fun circus story! Remember my "mean clown" circus story from last year? Kind of puts me off the circus, you know. Glad you all had fun!

You're going to love your hardwood floor. I sure wish I could rip up all of my tile and carpeting and redo it with hardwood...lucky!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..