Tuesday, June 24, 2008

WHAT'S NEW

  • Jeff and I have been in a nesting frenzy the last few weeks. I'm starting to feel that China is not too far off and want to get things finished up around here. Why I HAVE to varnish a bench on the front porch BEFORE Ava gets here I have no idea, BUT I HAVE TOO! =)
  • I've been starting to look at the big ticket items for Ava (stroller, car seat, etc). I walked into a Babies*R*Us the other day and within minutes turned around and left. I was completely overwhelmed....Like I was a first time mom without a clue as to what I needed.
  • Tried to hire someone to put new decking/railing and add stairs down to our pool on our existing (rather small) deck. The estimate came in at $12,000.....Yeah, BITE ME!
  • Please tell me why in this crappy economy when so many people are out of work....You can't find anyone that wants to pick up any odd jobs around the house??!!
  • The Quilt Lady is going to town on Ava's quilt. She wasn't able to work on it until now because she had surgery. I saw it the other day and I must say, it's going to be AMAZING!
  • It cost me $100 to put gas in my car the other day and it wasn't completely full. Grrr.
  • I had actually came close to filling out paperwork to foster animals. When the four dogs and four cats were looking up at me for breakfast the other day, I decided against it. Peaches says, "We're already doing our part." He's right.
  • One of Jeff's patients thought I was his daughter yesterday. Yes, life IS good! =) I want to also add that she was only in her 50's, so don't think her eyes were bad or she was senile!
  • I've gained back 5 pounds and need to get back on my diet. That darn ice cream place on the corner is now open AND selling Cake Batter Ice cream to boot.... It's been the death of me!
  • I'm really hopeful that the July batch of referrals will be a nice number of days worth. It's getting exciting because so many of my blogging pals are SOOOO close to getting their referrals! I'm really hoping that December is our month.
  • Another Michigan family is in China right now and just got their beautiful Elizabeth yesterday. Click here for a link to their blog.

9 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

When the new pup is down in the deep brush of our backyard yapping at deer waking up and starting to stir at 6:00 am, I sometimes have to remind myself that I wanted a new puppy.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Love cake batter ice cream!

I may just come hang out on your blog so I can listen to David Cook.
:)

3:59 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Its so good when "local" families are seeing their "new additions"! The batch before us, here in Adelaide was allocated in the last lot of allocations - its so exciting!!!

Its funny, we are definitely pretty close, but somehow, our little one, still feels a long way off. Maybe I'll feel better after the Olympics?

Yikes $12k for decking!!! They're certainly trying to get the economy going, aren't they?!!!

Every heard of the show "8 is enough"?!!! Peaches is right - you already have an animal shelter going on there!!! Did you see our new puppy?!! And we didn't think we were "pet" people!!!

5:22 PM  
Blogger redmaryjanes said...

I am so glad that you are getting close! It is so exciting to see babies come home.
I am looking forward to seeing little Elizabeth when Kelly gets back.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I'm catching that buzz, too! I've gained 10lbs. back since last summer. Aack! Ice Cream and spinach dip are my main summer fare! So bad. As for fingerprints, check out
www.billybear4kids.com/Learn2Draw/FingerPrints.html

4:25 PM  
Blogger Alyson and Ford said...

Wanted to say thanks for the good wishes you sent our way. It is so appreciated...

Our Salty Dog is somewhat laid back but we have a cat that needs a chill pill bad! :)
peace
fm

8:08 AM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

Hey girl! I have to agree with BRU. I got so overwhelmed, I just let my sister take over and put things on my registry while me and the Hubs sat in the glider rockers for an hour...lol.

And I think Peaches is right - you're already doing your part ;)

And finally, a huge WOO FREAKING HOO on that woman thinking you were his daughter!!! NICE!!! You saxay young thang, you!

10:28 AM  
Blogger J said...

8 is enough !!! I loved that show. Too funny. We are getting quotes on replacement windows. Highway robbery. The joys of home ownership. Can't wait to see Ava's quilt. I haven't even started on Syri's. Yikes, what have I been doing the last two years??

9:34 PM  
Blogger Dawn S. said...

you are too funny!
LID 3-13-06

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..