Tuesday, April 29, 2008

WORTH WAITING FOR



(The following conversation happened on the way home from the grocery store this evening)

Ian: I'm excited because my birthday is coming up soon!!

Me: I know, it's just a little over a month from now.

Ian: It took me a long time to be born. What would have happened if I was born earlier?

Me: You were supposed to be born a day earlier.

Ian: Then my birthday would have been June 2ND?!

Me: Yep, that was the day you were SUPPOSED to be born because I went to the hospital that morning to have you. You took FOREVER to get here and I ended up having you the NEXT day. (Trust me, at the time it seemed like FOREVER)!! June 2ND was also your Great-Grandma Carlotta's birthday. I sometimes think you might have decided to wait until June 3rd so you didn't have to share your birthday! =)

Ian: I was worth waiting for!

Me: You certainly were! You certainly were.......

(Just a little reminder for myself that this looooooong stinkin' wait for Ava will be MORE than worth it in the end. I doubt I will EVER be able to forget how tough it was.....Just like I STILL remember the 32+ hours of labor with Ian like it were yesterday, but it's ALL going to be worth it in the end. That I know for certain.)

8 Comments:

Blogger 4D said...

What a cutie!

Keep smilin!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

Very, very true.... :)

8:54 PM  
Blogger kc said...

"Lisa's quips" - I really love reading your blog! I do think that at some point, this should all be published.

10:28 AM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Yeah, when you think that our labors are lasting years this way I am very glad these kids are coming from China rather than vaginas!

11:11 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

Why'd you post so soon? It hasn't been a month. =0)

She'll be sooo worth the wait.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

So sweet!!!

4:33 PM  
Blogger redmaryjanes said...

I love this post. It really puts things in perspective. I hate this waiting, but I know that you are right.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Truly Blessed said...

Arent' they all worth the wait -- no matter how they get here, they're worth it.

Children are such a blessing!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..