Monday, March 10, 2008

LID ANNIVERSARY FUN!

Nope, I didn't take pole dancing lessons (I'm saving that one IF we have another LID celebration next year =), order Mexican at a Mexican Restaurant, go flying, get a Pug (that one I WILL do someday) or order a Margarita instead of coffee (although, I could have used one on Saturday!).......I was inked (that's tattoo talk). =)

I've been throwing the idea around of getting a tattoo for about a year now. It all began when I starting watching Miami Ink and was fascinated with the art and the stories behind why someone gets a tattoo. This is something that up until that time I would NEVER do. There just wasn't anything that I would want to put on my body that had enough meaning....Until now.

I actually went a couple times (without an appointment) and came close to having it done over the last 6 months. Both times, it didn't work out because they were too busy or someone that no showed an appointment suddenly showed up. It wasn't meant to be. Last week I decided to set up an appointment for Saturday, March 8Th....Our 2 year LID anniversary. Right after I made the appointment, I headed off to the store to pick up some groceries. I started wondering if I was making the right decision in getting a tattoo.....Just then, I see a woman holding the hand of a beautiful Chinese girl. It's all I needed to know that I no longer needed to doubt myself.

Fast forward to Saturday. I had an appointment for 1:00 and arrived about 5 minutes early. The tattoo artist has a man in his chair that he is finishing up with. The man is crying. I'm dead serious. Crying. I was about to turn myself around and head back out the door, but I didn't. I was determined that I was going to prove once and for all that women are MUCH tougher than men!

After the guy left, the tattoo artist said that he was running a bit behind because that guy had passed out on him! I'm asking at this point if it really hurts that bad. He said that women have a MUCH higher pain tolerance then men do. Yeah, I thought so! =) Enjoy the pictures............................ The first picture I'm fake crying.

Then, he started working! It seriously hurt worse than I thought it would! I might be playing it up a little bit here, but I think I screamed....."I can see why the guy passed OUT!!!!!!"


In this one, I'm really not playing at all. I was ready for it to be over. I think I broke a sweat!

Ahhh, it's over and I love it. It looks a bit large in this picture, but it's only 1.5 inches. It says.......FAMILY........At least I HOPE that's what it says!! =)



17 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Holy Crap! I never would have guessed a tattoo! It looks great!I'm still just going to build a bear tonight with the kiddos...

4:00 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Very cool! I have 2 myself ...
and have plans for at least 2 more.
I love your's ..especially the sentiment that you had it done on your LID-versary. Perfect.

And women do have a much higher tolerance for pain, don't they? LOL!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

WhoooooHOOOOOOOO!
Welcome to the club girl!!!!
BTW, I checked, your tat really says "stupid American"
:0)

6:20 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Woohoo! You did it! It looks wonderful and I hope ou're happy with it (now that it's over).

7:00 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Awesome! That show is addictive and influential...I plan on getting one.

Keep smilin!

8:38 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Welcome to the club, I almost VOMITED I was so surprised by how much it hurt! And mine was just one word between my shoulders (upper back) and took maybe 3 minutes? Plus I'm good with pain usually, but this was a whole other kind of pain.

What a great way to do it- on your LID anniversary! Mine was so meaningful and liberating! And like you, it took me almost a year to finally do it- just did it this past November in fact!

9:10 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

ps. Forgot to say yours looks awesome!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

You got a TAT???? Love the pain-filled pictures! Family... that is a great choice!

Lisa

11:54 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Damn, I should have guessed that one, I'm loosing my edge.
Love the choice and I give you props....no way am I putting myself thru it. Love your choice, but M's comment had me rolling!

8:27 AM  
Blogger redmaryjanes said...

You go girl! You are a brave one. And I love what you tatoo stands for.

11:32 AM  
Blogger cougchick said...

wow! I'm impressed. Is that in the tramp stamp area? Way to go.

I am toying with the idea of getting one for my 40th (May). I've been talking about it for two years. We'll see if I can do it.

6:01 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

WOO HOO!!! You funky Mama you!!! I thought about it lots of times... but I'm a total wimp.

Apparently "black" hurts the most - and on the middle of your back... so I guess that's why you're wincing?!!

5:37 AM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

How Totally Cool!!! I have been thinking of getting one myself, but have been a chicken.

It all seemed like it was meant to be for you! How perfect. I love the one you chose, too!

I guess I'm not too 'mature' to get one. I may have to put some more thought into this.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

OMG Lisa! HOW COOL!!! The reason it hurt more than you thought it would is because of where you got it - the skin isn't all tough back there...

I was LOL'ing at Mel's comment! lol!!! And I think I'll have to drag Stacy for one for sure ;)

LOVE the tat girl, LOVE IT!

6:34 PM  
Blogger 3 Peanuts said...

WOW! That is really cool and you are TOUGH! I have one on the inside of my foot and they do hurt but I had a little endorphin high afterwards too.

Kim

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They say once you get that first tattoo you want to get another. I know from experience! Mine barely hurt...

1:50 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I totally missed this one last month! Woo-hooo!!! You rock! Love it! Ummm...did you do anything special for April's LIDversary??? ;)

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..