Wednesday, February 13, 2008

DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS


Ian and I had our Valentines dinner date tonight because I have to work tomorrow night (because I'm going to Georgia on Friday!!!!!!! Whoo-hoo!). I asked him where he wanted to go and he said.......*Burger*King*. We decided that when we do go to fast food places we ALWAYS use the drive thru, but today we decided to eat inside.
The place was empty except for one other guy (except for BK workers). During the meal this guy asked me if I knew what time it was (mind you, my back was to him and there were fake plants between us). I turned around to look over at him (I knew he was talking to me because nobody else was in there) and told him what time it was and then went on eating. About 5 minutes later he says, "My name is David by the way." I totally ignored him (my back was to him.....he could have been talking to anyone....If anyone was there!) and I see Ian give him a scared little wave. My creep meter was going off and I wanted to get the heck out of there. When he went up to the counter for more coffee, Ian and I quickly left.
Ian and I got into the car and I locked the door. I was JUST starting to say something to Ian about not talking to strangers when Ian says, "ummm, Mom." The guy was standing RIGHT at my car window!! I think he thought I would roll down the window, but I didn't. He was asking me if I had any smokes. I shook my head no and I started up my car. He then left. My heart is still pounding. I'm not sure what he wanted. I don't think he had a car because he was walking across to another parking lot. He had to have RAN to catch up to us. So many things have gone through my head. Scary stuff. At least it gave me a chance to talk to Ian about why we don't talk to strangers. Ian never wants to eat at BK again. Me either.

5 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

Ooooo... YUCK! That is so creepy.

I'm glad you are both safe. What a good lesson for Ian ~ even though it was a tough one.

7:28 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

That is beyond creepy. Right move to get outta Dodge and fast. I'm sure Ian has the creep clue.

Now, of course, I'm wondering where that toad wandered off and what he was up to.

7:52 PM  
Blogger J said...

Major Creepy !! So glad that both you and Ian are ok.

9:57 PM  
Blogger LaLa said...

That is creepy!!! Glad you got out of there fast.

10:08 AM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Maybe there was a reason, no one else was eating in there?!!!

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..