Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A WHOLE BUNCH OF PICTURES

Alright, here are a bunch of pictures that I've been meaning to post for a couple weeks now. As much as I tried to keep them in some kind of order.....I failed. However, with my VERY detailed description (that will be posted DIRECTLY above each picture) I think even T will be able to follow along. =) Here we go............

This picture is of Jeff's brother Aaron. You will notice that Aaron was blessed with the most hair in the family! Alright, the truth is he is sporting one of Hope's Christmas presents (Hair by Jessica Simpson)! I think it's a good look for him!

This was taken after Christmas, but it was our Christmas celebration with Uncle Aaron and Aunt Shawnee. Sorry I don't have a picture of Hope actually wearing the hair. I'll get one at a later date.

This is Ian on the plane heading for Disney World! He had been wearing his Santa hat since Thanksgiving! AND he is STILL wearing his Santa hat as of today.......Ian is determined to keep Christmas alive all year long.


The Magic Kingdom.....My FAVORITE place on earth. I just LOVE the castle! I must love it or I would have never posted this picture of me! Note to self: Don't wear stretchy fabric.

This is Ian at Animal Kingdom. When he got bored digging for dinosaur bones...........

He buried his brother. Griffin is such a good sport. We buried him last time we were there too. I think it's going to be the L family tradition.
I've been to Disney World three times now and I have NEVER been able to get a picture with me and that darn Mouse! This year, they stopped the line JUST as we got in line. Hmmf. If I get my mind set on something, there is no stopping me! Here is Ian and I with The Mouse!

Alright, we did get our pictures with the Pooh characters (for a large sum of money for a buffet that TOTALLY wasn't worth the cost).


Ahhhhh, look at the beauty of the castle at night.....................................................
I have a story to tell with this family picture. Jeff was taking some pictures of us with the castle when a nice lady and her daughter walked up and asked us if we wanted her to take a picture of all of us. After she was done, we asked her if she would want us to take a picture of her family. The lady motioned for her husband to come over (we hadn't seen him up until then) and he walked over pushing a stroller with two of the CUTEST little girls from China in it! They were probably about three and four. I wanted to say something about us adopting, but I didn't. I also wanted to take a picture of them with MY camera, but thought it might freak them out!

Riding Splash Mountain. Yes, Ian is in tears. =(


Ian liked the dinosaur ride a little better. I didn't like the warm air that shot out of his mouth when he roared.
We made Ian ditch the Santa hat (it was VERY warm) and slap on a pair of ears instead.

Here is a picture of Princess Hope. The kids tried on every hat in every store in every park (alright, I made them).







I just love this picture of me and my little buddy.

This was the last picture we took on New Years Eve at Animal Kingdom. This was the only day that it rained (only about an hour) the entire week. The kids wanted me to remove the poncho, but I'm a rebel.


Griffin and Ian at the Rain Forest Cafe. We ate there on New Years Eve. We asked for our normal table for five......When they called our name they took us to a table for six that included a high chair. Do you think that it's a sign?
Here we are after we returned the rental car. It FINALLY hit us that we were leaving beautiful sunny Florida and heading back to the great white north. Can you feel our pain?

As promised.......Our Christmas tree (minus the tree skirt....I removed that sucker on Christmas night because I was sick of cleaning the cat hair off it every day....cat hair and velvet! Arrrgh!)


Here is the Ava section of the tree. Yes, that is a Year of the Dog ornament......I was SO sure she would be born in the Year of the Dog.

Oh yes, that's a little piggy ornament......I was SO sure she would be a Golden Piggy. Must find Rat ornament. Sigh.
Here are the Waiting for Ava 2005, 2006 and 2007 ornaments.

Alright, enough of all those ornaments.....On to happy things.......PANDO!!!!!!!! How cool is THIS......You get to go down the hill and they actually pull you back up on the other side! The people that are pictured trying to walk down the hill are making a big mistake. NEVER, get out of your tube before you make it all the way down. I took out several kids on my way down because they climbed out too soon. (Don't tell my social worker....It's not like they were hurt too bad.).

Here is a picture of Mr. Jeff riding back up the hill. There is a sign posted that says NOT to throw snow balls. Just saying.

Griffin and Ian having a blast on the hill.

Look at that athletic form and mix -n- match winter wear!

The last ride all hooked together. Jeff took these amazing shots riding in a tube that left just SECONDS before us!......I made that sound pretty exciting, huh? =)


That's all folks! Man, I'm beat. Blogging is hard work.

15 Comments:

Blogger t~ said...

You lost me at the 'Mickey and you photo'....where the hell were you in that photo?

9:26 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Ok, I went back for another view. Found ya....way way way away from Mickey.

~Wanna see what fake hair looks like on the real girl.

~I'm so glad Christmas is not year round, what a sport.

~By the time we travel, ya'll will need another whole tree to put all the China ornaments on.

~So sorry you had to leave sunny Florida. Isn't it great here?! But I guess it gives you more time to work on your tubing form in snowy MI.

9:31 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Awesome. Just awesome. From sun to snow, y'all have a great time.

Keep smilin!

9:51 PM  
Blogger cougchick said...

Wow! Looks like so much fun, the sun AND the snow.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Operationtigerlily said...

I loved the Animal Kingdom. Digging the Jessica mullet.

11:48 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Yay! Disneyland!!! Ahhh... I so wanna go there... hey, wait! We are!!! Hong Kong Disney that is!!! ...in April...

Great pics! You look fantabulous in all your photos - what a babe!

Definitely take the meeting the family with 2 little China girls & the highchair as omens... very good luck indeed?!!

4:45 AM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

good lord woman!! First can't get you to blog at all, then you write the longest post in history!!!
okay, let me see if I can remember everything.....
*you rock the stretchy fabric anytime your little heart desires - you look fabulous.
*Man, Jeff and his brother look a lot alike - handsome fellows.
*must see Hope sportin' the weave.
*You can't get your kid to take the santa hat off - I couldn't get mine to put them on.
*the pic of you and Ian - the close up - beautiful - you look around 18 years old - seriously.
*You needed me there to ask the picture taking couple about their Asian daughters - just sayin' - you know how am about doing stuff like that.
*that picture of you with Mickey - SOOOO counts as having your pic taken with the big guy ---- you rebel you!
*YES, our daughters are going to be rats - which is all good, 'cause I was born in the year of the rat as well, and look at how good I turned out!!! ;0)
*and don't worry - my lips are sealed. Won't tell your social worker about you taking kids out on the hill, or about Jeff breaking the law by throwing snowball.
Rebels indeed. The both of you.





jeez.....commenting on your blog is hard work.
;0)

10:03 AM  
Blogger redmaryjanes said...

Wow! Those are a ton of pictures! Disney is my favorite place on earth too. It's cool to see pictures of you in places I've been.

7:53 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Great pictures! Whew...always read the text. At first glance I thought Uncle Aaron was in SERIOUS need of a hair makeover. I feel better now :0)

8:01 PM  
Blogger kc said...

Welcome back to reality - glad you guys had so much fun! I on the other hand fought the flu! By the way - Griffin looks exactly like you in the pic with Auntie and Uncle! When did that happen!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Fake hair! Disneyworld! Sledding! Damn, you've been busy!

I have a "rat" child, btw, and, apparently, this is supposed to be the luckiest rat year... 60 years in the waiting.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

How can they close the line to the mouse???? That is cruel. Isn't he the one everyone wants to see! I love that picture of you and Ian with Mr. (too good to meet all my guests) Mouse!

All of your pictures look like so much fun!!!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Truly Blessed said...

Love the Disney pictures -- well, all of the pictures were fun. My boys LOVE Pando -- so much fun!

FWIW, my daughter is a "dog" -- I'll buy your ornament from you if Ava is a golden pig or a rat...we'll meet up at Famous Dave's and do a swap!

5:46 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Fun in ALL kinds of weather!! I have to say that sand photo? Couldn't do that to me, I'd freak I'm so claustrophobic!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Year of the rat is good...we can substitute a mouse instead, right?! Great pictures. I feel like I ran the gamut of seasons!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..