Monday, January 28, 2008

WHAT'S HAPPENING


  • Jeff and I are nesting in a BIG way. He has been busy cleaning out the garage (his territory) and I've been busy cleaning out the closets. I'm tossing all my BIG pants because I'm officially down 24 1/2 (must add the 1/2) pounds with my weight watchers diet. I figure if you keep your BIG pants in your closet....It's the kiss of death.


  • Went to the bank today to see to get a print out of our checking account. With all my credit card company drama of last week, I didn't mention that a company (that will remain nameless) deducted over $900 from my checking account in error last month. As of this morning, they still owe us about $200. I'm not at all happy with them right now.


  • Speaking of banking, did I mention that I FINALLY opened up my very own China savings account? You might be thinking....About freakin' time woman! I just liked the idea of having a separate savings account that was just for our China fund. I'm enjoying adding something in it each week and watching it grow....It makes me feel like I'm actually doing something instead of just waiting. I'm going to make sure that I have some serious cash in there so I can do some serious shopping in China.


  • I started going to the tanning salon a couple weeks ago. I'm so sick of winter that I finally caved in and bought a tanning package. If I wrinkle up like a prune, so be it.


  • My dog chewed up my only bathing suit and his dog bed. How can I find a bathing suit in Michigan in January?


  • Jeff and I have decided to sell our boat and camper. After Griffin's accident tubing last year, it took the fun right out of boating for us. Griffin would hop back on a tube in a second, but it shaved several years off his Dad's and my life and we want no part of it anymore. I think if we boat again.....It will be a sailing for us.


  • Jeff is going to have another guy start working with him in the next couple months. I'm not sure if it really means that Jeff will be working any less per week, but it does mean that we will be able to take vacations more often than we do. It's a relief when we do FINALLY go to China. If the other guy wasn't there then our business would have to come to a halt for those two weeks. Can you say, no money?


  • Referrals should arrive sometime this week. I'm trying not to get too excited about them getting very far, but it's hard. I just want them working on 2006....Is THAT so wrong?!

8 Comments:

Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

24 1/2 pounds???!!! You go girl!!!! :)

That's awesome!!!! Congratulations!!!!

I'm totally needing to follow in your footsteps!!! I keep telling everyone that! When am I actually going to do it???!!!

Go referrals!!!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I had to come out of blog obscurity and congratulate you on your 24 1/2 pound loss. That is amazing!!! I joined WW 3 weeks ago-it lasted a week and I'm back to eating my weight in chocolate daily...sniff sniff.

6:19 PM  
Blogger redmaryjanes said...

You're going to be a hot momma this summer, are you sure you don't want your boat?

I'm hoping for a good referral month too...we'll see.

9:45 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Yeehaw for 24 lbs!!

I like the idea of a China savings fund, it sounds fun and sneaky all at the same time.

I'm expecting a very low number of referrals. Not that it really matters, cause I'm sure it just won't be enough....no matter what they do. I'll renew my spirit when they hit 2006.

9:17 AM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Congrats on the massive weight loss! Thats huge... or should I say, you're now tiny?!!

You don't need the boat... you got a pool now, anyway!!! We went water skiing on the weekend, one of the guys smacked his face on his board - had to go to hospital - 5 stitches in his top lip - yuck!

I've got a China acct too! I'm very happy with how its stacking up! I want to put it in a fixed term (so I can't touch it) - and its a heaps higher interest rate (earning interest).

Apparently a Spanish blog is saying the 30th... I really really hope so. Although, my head says, don't be daft!

4:29 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Bigger question...how did the dog get the bathing suit in the first place?

Rock on skinny mama!

Keep smilin!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

Again I say WOO HOO on losing 24 AND A HALF pounds!!!!

God what I wouldn't do to start tanning - but I have my mom's skin and I know what I'm gonna look like in another 10-20 years, so there's just no way (she just had a full face lift at only 56 years old!!!). But I will live vicariously though you!!! Can't wait to see your bronzed glow ;)

10:37 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Wow congrats on your diet! I am starting WW again myself! You must look awsome!

We are actually selling our trailer too. With Jim and Chris camping so much with Scouts, they don't have to add more time just for me!

I was expecting 1 or 2 days, now the rumors have me wondering??? What is going on over there?

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..