Thursday, December 06, 2007

NEWS THAT IS NEWS

My husband was BEGGING me to do another post so I can move Ms. Britt from view when he checks my blog. The latest rumor is that Britt is pregnant so I guess this means that her adoption plans will have to be put on hold????....What a joke!

So.........I've been REALLY trying to keep a good attitude this year regarding Christmas....I've got my tree up and have Christmas music playing in the house, but I'm struggling yet again. Please tell me this is the LAST Christmas without Ava. PLEASE! I thought about doing my Christmas cards this year (missed last year), but I can't bring myself to do them. I just don't want to explain that we're STILL in the process of adopting when I so stupidly mentioned it in the Christmas, 2005 cards (please insert the Cher song If I could turn back time). Oh, I wish I would have never mentioned it to so many people and just waited until we had her.

So........With the struggle to keep the holiday a happy one.......We decided that the day after Christmas we're getting the heck out of here for a week and going to Disney World! Getting a little warm sunshine and riding a few rides is a sure thing to lift our spirits! I was determined to make this Christmas a happy one and I think a trip to Disney World is just the ticket!

Oh, one more thing.....The *CCAA* updated their site and we now have 84 more days to get to our log-in-date. They matched families from December 9-14, 2005. It was only 6 days, but I figured that would be the day based on Rumor Queen polls. I believe next month they will get to December 22 and then January 3-4 the following month. I still believe we will have our referral in September, 2008, but would gladly take it sooner!

Oh, and something else......I haven't been around very much as I have been having some computer issues at home. Ever since Jeff started up his new laptop....Mine no longer works. Yes, I'm going to blame him. I guess it also could be the virus that I picked up on a website when I was searching for "Golden Pig Ornaments", but my guess is that Jeff had something to do with it. So you can blame him for me not being around very much! =)

5 Comments:

Blogger 4D said...

It is hard. I am doing the cards but keeping it simple and sweet.

What a great idea to head to the happiest place on earth!

Keep smilin!

3:33 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

I'm so glad that Britt is moving on down the page. Why do you always leave for long periods with the worst photo at the top? Remember the 2 frilly boys that were running?...ugh!

I ditto your thoughts on Christmas, except I have no Christmas music playing. I just don't like it till Christmas Eve and why we ever mentioned it in 2005 is beyond me.

Disney eh? Not to far from me ya know......

3:39 PM  
Blogger kc said...

ok - thank you for putting that song in my brain! I'm thinking of you guys - so think of me when you are in toasty warm FL! did you get my little square - i wouldn't want that quilt lady to be on your case!

Jeff - I didn't like seeing Britt either!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

kc,
Yes, I did receive the square. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
I was just thinking the other day....Miss Allen never gave me a square. Hmmf.

sea star,
Pack up the family and meet us at Disney! =)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Do you realize that if Britney is pregnant, then that will make three that she will have popped out since we started this process? Somethin' just ain't right... I hear ya about the Christmas cards except I went all ocd and sent them out on Dec. 1 just to get it over with. I'll post my letter in a blog post soon so you can see what sort of mood I was in when I addressed the adoption issue in it. We've already decided that if we adopt again (and I think we will-China sn) our friends and family will find out about it when we board the airplane... Have fun in FL!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..