Monday, October 15, 2007

UPDATE VIA BULLET POST

I'm not going to lie to you....I'm just not into this whole blogging thing. I still LOVE to read other people's blogs, but just don't have much to say on mine. This wait is just taking too darn long and it's taking all the fun out of blogging. I wish the CC** would just give us a few more days this month. The whole China adoption community could use a lift instead of a punch in the gut this month. Anyway, this is what has been going on in our neck of the woods.........................

  • Jeff and I found the BEST new restaurant for breakfast in our little town. I guess I should say that it isn't even new....We just never went there before and we have lived here 6 years. Yum!! I'm not normally a breakfast person, but we ate there both Saturday and Sunday and plan on doing the same next weekend. We couldn't get any of the kids to go with us so it was kind of a mini date for us.

  • We closed down the pool for the winter.....SADNESS! Last Monday, it was about 85 outside and the temperature has now dropped about 30 degrees. I guess it was time. I hate to get my gas bill as it is.....I found the ideal temp of the pool was 87 degrees!

  • I have to mail a check off today to my friends at the Internal Revenue Service. I've filed an extension for so many years now that I have it in my head that tax day is truly October 15Th. I hope the I.R.S. is happy that they have forced me into carrying the same Coach bag I did last fall. B@$t@%&$!

  • I just realized this morning that since the weather has turned cold, I haven't shaved my legs in about a week. I think you might even be able to say they're furry. Even after knowing that this morning, I didn't shave them.

  • Jeff and I purchased a deep fryer this weekend. I'm not sure if it's going to be such a great idea for our waistlines, but it was sure good for the taste buds! We made the BEST fried chicken yesterday. We were running around the kitchen just looking for stuff we could toss in the fryer.

  • I'm up 2 pounds since last week. I don't know WHY I can't lose weight. Hmmf.

  • Saturday night was Homecoming and Hope went with some friends. This picture was taken before the guys got ready for the dance by Bell's talented mother. I didn't even bring my camera to take pictures because I knew her mother would do such a great job! I think this picture looks like they could be an advertisement for a comedy group!


Well.....That's all folks!

11 Comments:

Blogger Pug Mama said...

first off, that is the VERY best pic EVER! I really love it. It was a great idea.
second....what you talkin' 'bout??? You mean to tell me tax day ISN'T October 15Th??????
Third - we talked about you this past weekend - did your ears ring? You really MUST come to the next get together - no excuses. You should have been here this past weekend!

11:17 AM  
Blogger 4D said...

I hear ya...bracing my gut for the sucker punch.

LOVE the pic. It is too funny!

You should deepfry candy bars! It is a scottish thing. Ya batter them up and pop them in.

Keep smilin!

12:34 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

I love that photo! It should be a promo for a comedy show!

Sucks to have to carry the same Coach bag 2 years in a row. ;0) Of course, I think I'll be carrying the same one as well...dayum taxes!

I like my pool at 89.

The CCAA really does need to throw us a bone.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I had to laugh about the furry legs. My husband calls those my grasshopper legs. :-)

I just hate all those rumors out there about the unfairness of early LIDers etc. I keep praying that the C*A* will pick it up. Even if just by a week or so.

We closed our pool up last weekend too. It was our first year with a pool so it was an experience to say the least.

1:56 PM  
Blogger redmaryjanes said...

That is a cute picture! We are pulling out the boat and getting everything ready for winter too. It's definitely going to stay cool I think. But my 15 year old still went to school in shorts believe it or not.
It seems like the CCAA is becoming less structured each month.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

ummmm, Mrs. Thang, regarding the "I didn't get an invite for this weekend" comment you left on my blog, EVERYONE got the invite via the yahoo group. I said anyone could come....so no excuses.

3:04 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Great pic!

We have the weirdest weather here at the moment (well, it is spring, and I always think spring weather is weird!) It was 30 degreesC (86F) yesterday, and it's 17 degrees (62F) today - tomorrow they're forecasting 32 degreesC (90F)... no wonder everyone has a cold!

I've found renewed enthusiasm... sadly out of pessimism!!! I'll be surprised if we see our daughter, even next year... so I'm planning a family holiday to China for April next year! I figure we won't get to see all the "popular" sites on our "daughter visit"... and this way our kids get to see it too! I'm very excited!

4:57 PM  
Blogger E. said...

Just found your blog via someone elses blog (gotta love blogland!) I had to pass along my favorite deep fried food: Corn Nuggets. I've never made them myself, but any good southern bbq place has them and a quick Goo*gle search yielded quite a few recipes. Here's one that looked simple. And, always, ALWAYS, dip in ranch dressing! Let me know how they are!
(You should have a deep fry recipe of the month/week/day.)

Corn Nuggets recipe
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons shortening
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 cups drained whole kernel corn

Beat eggs, and stir in remaining ingredients. Drop from a spoon into deep fat and fry until brown.

4:33 PM  
Blogger kc said...

Oh my gosh - Hope looks JUST like you! What a great pic - I can't believe that you guys have been there 6 years, where does the time go. Well, still thinking of you and your wait.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Truly Blessed said...

You know, with the weather we've been having the past couple of days, you probably could have kept the pool open for a bit longer...

But then, did you guys get hit by that horrid weather last night (C. James kept interruping "The Office" to tell us about the weather north and south of us).

Sorry about the Coach bag thing. Buy yourself a new tin of mints and it'll make everything all right again!

The "furry" legs and deep fryer are beyond my limited commenting skills!

Have a fabulous weekend!

6:41 AM  
Blogger OziMum said...

I love your new "profile" pic! What a good lookin' family... it's just missing AVA!

17 months is my VERY WORST case scenario... it CAN'T be longer than that... can it?!!!

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..