Tuesday, September 04, 2007

YEP, YOUR BLOGLINES IS WORKING PROPERLY....I'VE UPDATED MY BLOG!

Alright, I decided to make sea star happy and pull my last post down one....Anything, to make sea star happy!!! I was reading my comments (via my email, so I couldn't see her icon) and thinking....Who the hell is sea star? Too funny. Anyhoo, I hope you don't mind but I'm going to do bullet points with this post.....Probably not appropriate for some of the subject matter, but really I've got a lot to say and it's just going to make it easier. I'll follow-up with some pictures, so don't complain.

Where have I been you ask? Maybe, you haven't even noticed I've been away, but if you were wondering.....LOTS have been going on as some of you may know. Read next point.

First, we were having a little (Ummm, that's really kind of a understatement) stress with a close family member. I really would rather not go into detail about this, but I will say that he is doing MUCH better and we're all VERY happy about that! And no, it's not my Peaches that I'm talking about and no, he is not having an affair if that is where your minds went. Some of you even suspected that we decided to stop our adoption. Ahhhh, NOT gonna happen. You aren't gonna get this family out of line!!! Sorry you didn't get much out of me with this bullet point.

Next, my mother had a scare with breast cancer. Thank God, she just got her results back and it wasn't cancer! All I can say is.....Ladies, get your mammograms done. Also, don't freak out if something shows up on it....It's not always cancer! Thank. God.

Jeff's grandmother died at the end of June. I was blessed to have had her in my life for 18 years. I was SO close to my grandmother (I grew up right next door to her and she passed away when I was 14) that when I first met Jeff's grandmother I thought I would never call her Grandma, just Carlotta. I thought that if I called her Grandma that I would somehow hurt my own Grandma's feelings(when she was looking over me) and I didn't want her to ever feel she was or could ever be replaced. Well...... Let me just say that it wasn't very long before I was calling Carlotta, Grandma and I know for a fact that my Grandma would have approved. It was so nice to have had a Grandma again. I'm hoping that my two Grandma's have now met each other and are baking pies together up in heaven. That would make me happy.

Griffin broke his leg while we were tubing last weekend. The poor kid had to have surgery and a plate & 7 screws were added to his body. He never cried one tear....His Mom and Dad cried quite a few. He is getting along pretty well and headed off today for the first day of school. Watching him with his back pack and crutches, making his way up the side walk at school was hard to watch. Of course, he didn't want any help from his mother. I would have gladly carried his books all day long and protected him from harm from other children in the hallway, but NOOOOOOOO.....He wanted to do it all himself.


And just when you were thinking.....Oh my gawd, her summer totally sucked....I'll leave you with a few pictures. It wasn't all bad.



What happened to my bullets?

23 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

OMG girl, I'm so glad to see you've made it back, alive and well!!! We all missed you so much at the Bloggy bash!!! But you were there in spirit! I missed all the cutting up between Luna and Jeter!!!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Johnny said...

Aha, caught ya with bloglines!

Glad you have updated.

Glad you're still in line.

9:26 PM  
Blogger LaLa said...

Welcome back..you were missed : )

9:41 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Wow...great to hear from you. Ups and downs for sure. Your positive spirit comes thru.

Keep smilin!

11:15 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

WELCOME BACK!!!
Love the photos ...

Julie

7:27 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

I was thinking of dropping out last night, but now that you are back, I have some comic relief to keep me going... maybe we'll stay in line!

You have had your share this summer girl, so things HAVE to be looking up!

Glad you are back...

7:30 AM  
Blogger Truly Blessed said...

Yay, you're back! Those of us in bloggerland missed you, but it looks like you had a good summer (our condolences on the loss of your DH's grandma, Griffin's broken leg & subsequent surgery and PTL that your Mom's cancer scare wasn't serious).

Going to make that appt. for a mammogram now.

Welcome back!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

I shall use bullets (mine will show up)
* I'm glad to see your blog updated, but happier still that we kept "talking" during your break.
* so happy to see Hopes beautiful face!!! No hair covering it up!
* Girlfriend - you didn't tell me you also put in a fiber glass pool this summer - JUST LIKE US - go figure!!! (these common things are starting to get a little scary)Is it salt water?????
* on the slide show the photo that said 'my BFF' didn't look a bit like me....strange.
* LOVE LOVE LOVE your moms new dog!
* and last, to celebrate your return, I will not tell you what Jeter said about Luna's picture.

Hugs and Kisses - missed you twin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Welcome back!!! I can see why keeping up the blog hasn't been a priority this summer...;o) Love the pictures!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

glad to see you are back and that you are staying in line! Sounds like you had an interesting summer. So sorry about grif's broken leg from tubing.. OUCH!!!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

I MISSED you!!!

Welcome back!!!

11:48 AM  
Blogger redmaryjanes said...

I have kept an eye on your blog. Glad to see that you updated and had a fab Michigan summer. We did too. Love the pool!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

jeter mama (aka skinny babe),
Ahhhh Helloooooo, salt water is the ONLY way to go! =)

Bout that pic of my BFF...If it were a picture of you it would have read "My twin" Hugs & kisses right back at ya!

1:31 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

You failed on the bullets cause your out of bloggin' practice! These things take time to master.
*Love the new pool with all the rock, it's gorgeous.
*Pool guy has a permanent ring in his backpocket from his 'container.'
*I can't believe G broke his leg tubing....how the hell does one do that? I need an explaination on that one since my boys are tubers. Is 'tubers' a word?
*Hope is gorgeous, is she driving on her own now?
*Ian is adorable with his missing teeth, sounds like a good Christmas wish.
*I never in a million years thought you would get out of line for Ava.
*I'm so glad to see you back! Are you back or is this just your quarterly update?

2:00 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Welcome back to the blogger addiction. Glad you survived the summer. Sorry about the struggles you've had. Hopefully things will start looking up.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Wow! You really have had a summer!! I am glad your mom is ok! I am sure that was very scary!

I love the picture of Hope in the sunflower field. What an amazing sight that must have been.

The pool looks FANTASTIC!!!!

I've missed you. I hope you have a relaxing fall. Sounds like you deserve it.

5:39 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Holy smokes, Batwoman! I am glad to see you back in the loop. I just told Jeter's mama the other day that I had been thinking of ya again.

Glad things have settled with everything going on.

Back to the wait! Hey, I love the pic of the crater...glad to see something go in the crater...even more glad to see what was putting that something in the crater. I can't blame your girls for checking him out ;0)

7:46 AM  
Blogger OziMum said...

YA!!! I'm glad you were just out having a good time!!! (well, besides the odd family drama!) The Lake vacation looks amazing!

Love the pic of Luna's hair flying in the wind!!! Funny!!!

And your pool looks awesome!

Don't forget about us... ok... we miss you!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

damn lady... that's one heck of a summer!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Well welcome back sister!! You were very missed. I am sorry for all the crapola stuff that happened, but so glad to hear your Mom is OK. Cancer sucks every ball there is.

1:15 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

So good to hear from you, and I'm glad Griffin did well with his surgery and that your mom doesn't have cancer, and I'm so sorry about the loss of "grandma"...

The pics are wonderful, and it looks as though you had a great summer!

9:01 PM  
Blogger cougchick said...

sounds like while you weren't blogging "life happened". Love the pictures and the song is perfect.
Glad you're back.

1:16 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

Well since you might not update again in the next 6 months, I thought I'd hop over and wish you a happy 18 months down! Today is your LID-versary, 9-8-07.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..