Monday, September 10, 2007

POOL UPDATE AND OTHER RAMBLING...

I had Peaches call the pool company this morning as I really couldn't deal with it anymore. We have also been having problems with our new salt filter and all these error codes keep showing up on it...Some of the codes aren't even listed in the manual and the experts at the pool company are totally clueless. The large crack pretty much pushed me over the edge and that is when it all was put in the lap of Peaches. They're sending a "fiberglass expert" over on Wednesday and said that we need not halt our landscaping, new sprinklers and fence and that it can all be fixed. Let's. Hope. So. We have had SO many problems with this pool installation. They destroyed so much more of the lawn than they said they would, they cracked up the driveway because one of the water guys was too lazy to hook up a hose and leave his truck on the street (like the other water guy did), the cement dudes dug up the pool pipe and there was a fountain going in my backyard (then patched it and put the cement on top of it) and I REALLY hope that it doesn't burst again AND now the crack. Thank goodness for the cute guy in the green shirt or the whole experience would have been a nightmare...A little eye candy always helps a bad situation!! I'm sure they will get it all fixed just in time for us to cover it up for the winter....Won't be too long as it's FREEZING here today!

Griffin just started his physical therapy today and did really well. That boy just amazes me with his high pain tolerance! The therapist just kept looking at me in amazement that he was able to move his leg as well as he did. As soon as he is healed then they will do another surgery to remove the plate. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will be able to remove it before 2008. Last year I had the insurance company raise our deductible (because we NEVER use it!) to $5,000...Dumb move. Soooooo it sure would be nice if they could do the surgery before the new deductible begins in January. In my line of work I hear patients complaining all the time over their $100 deductibles....They have NO idea how much insurance costs for the self employed. GRRRRR.

I'm getting some pictures together and will do my next post about how Griffin broke his leg tubing....Be watching for it in my next quarterly post! =)

7 Comments:

Blogger Truly Blessed said...

Quarterly post?!?

You can't do that to us! We were all so patient while you enjoyed the summer with the family, but you're back now...right?

BTW, while you were gone, my blog went invite only. Email me and I'll send you an invite. We W. Mi. gals need to stick together!

Yes, it was freezing and wet here today (and Katie got a new wagon and couldn't get outside to play with it. {{{{Sigh}}}}

8:42 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Glad the young physical therapy man is coming along.

I hear ya on the insurance issue. It's a gigantic bite in the arse.

Sorry but even the eye candy doesn't discount all the crap you've had to deal with on the pool. If they send him over in a speedo, you know the company is using him ;0)

10:21 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

OMG! 3 posts in a week!!! Summer must be over, and the fun has stopped?!!!

Bummer bout the pool. Thank goodness green shirt man was a hottie!

5:36 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

We are in the process of shopping for a pool that will be installed in the spring - you are making me very nervous!!!

I hope that everything gets fixed soon!

Sending get well wishes to Griffin!!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

I'm sure the crack can be repaired. I asked a lot about that when we were pricing fiber glass pools.
as for the filter and the salt gizmo - I believe you need a degree to figure it all out. We had to pay someone to come out and teach Big Daddy how to use it, because that damn manual that they give you to read is soooo confusing.
Our cement guys screwed up BIG TIME. We have to remove almost half the cement and re-pour it ---- one day....

7:18 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

Sounds like fun, hope you get it all mastered before the ground freezes over.

Kudos to big guy G! My kids would be driving me nuts with the endless whining...he's my kind of guy!

Insurance...hmmf...nuff said.

Hey your blowing me away with your posting...this has got to be some record!

8:31 AM  
Blogger redmaryjanes said...

I am very interested to hear about how he broke his leg tubing since my boys are avid tubers.
I'm sorry about the pool, but proud of your brave son.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..