Tuesday, May 29, 2007

FRUSTRATED



I'm frustrated. Totally frustrated. I just heard today that the USCIS will give everyone one free extension on their immigration approval (not sure for how long, but hey it's free). I JUST mailed my application and money out on FRIDAY!! I at first thought that I might be able to get a refund, but this is for applications mailed out AFTER July 30, 2007.....I mailed mine on FRIDAY!! I guess that if you still have a valid I171H you can take advantage of the free one time extension as long as your approval is valid AFTER July 30, 2007.....Mine expires July 17Th. This is GREAT news for some, crappy news for others ($545 crappy). I was at least a little bit happy that I wouldn't get my money back because we didn't qualify, not because I mailed it 4 days too soon. Also, the rumors are now showing a 6 day referral batch at best. Never getting on this stupid roller coaster again. Never. Had a great weekend at the lake. I'll post some pictures after I get back out of my foul mood.

I edited this post. It is for everyone with a valid I171H AFTER July 30th, not the 31st. I just ate a HUGE sundae....Mood still foul. Mood will be even more foul after I get on the scale tomorrow.

Another edit: YOU MUST NOT LET YOUR CURRENT I-171H EXPIRE OR YOU CANNOT
GET THE EXTENSION. IT WILL BE KIND OF TRICKY FOR THOSE THAT EXPIRE AROUND JULY 30 OR JULY 31. CAN YOU SAY.....OVERNIGHT DELIVERY?!

25 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

Oh that stinks!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Wow, that SUX!!!

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya.
Did the same damn thing, just last week.
Sucks the big one.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Briana's Mom said...

My I-171H expired in March, so I had to renew a while ago. Still not fair though. I don't know what took them so dang long to make this rule.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Please don't hate me!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Ours does'nt expire until September, but I was wondering the same thing, how long will the extention last, and I wonder if we will have to re-do our fingerprints.

10:21 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Good lord. What sucky info. I'm so glad you don't have to do any of that stuff here!!! We just update our police check, once we get our referral!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Pixel Fairy Princess said...

Big time stinker!

5:51 AM  
Blogger Chani's Bow Making Mama said...

That does suck for some but good news for others. I had to renew awhile ago so guess there's no refund huh?

6:52 AM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

Lynn,
Hmmf!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Oh! Lisa,

Just think you will get your daughter before I do!

You already have HOPE!

Besides I need the extra cash so I don't have to stay in a tent!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

Lynn,
I'm actually quite happy for you and everyone else that gets to save some money! At least IF I have to do another re-do it will be for free. At the rate things are going....It ain't that far fetched. I'm looking at another 21 months if they continue the 6 day pace. 63 months IF they go back to 2 days! AHHHHH, where is some chocolate????!!!!

9:53 AM  
Blogger 4D said...

That is crap! Hope the sundae helped.

The frustration at times make me do exactly what that image is doing.

Keep smilin!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Oh, good! I thought you weren't speaking to me!

3:02 PM  
Blogger redmaryjanes said...

I'm sorry. We're so far behind you that it doesn't really impact us.

5:33 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

I'm right there with you, girl. I missed the expiration cut off by 10 stinkin' days. Grrrr!

9:33 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Shucks for you I'm so sorry! I'm wondering if this applies throughtout the US??

10:33 PM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

Kris,
It applies to all of the US. =)

7:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HOLY WOW! What a rip-off. {hugs}

8:26 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Ours expires July 7th. We haven't yet applied for a new one-haven't even started the home study update. I think I'm in denial and avoiding it all! I did think for a split second that we would get a free extension. What a bummer! I had great plans for that $!!! I have a sick feeling that us Feb/March 06 LIDers are going to get the short end of the stick at every turn. I'm guessing we'll see record-breaking wait times and then after us things will speed up at a rampant pace-just watch! Hang in there!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

What a bummer!! So sorry!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Too bad they didn't have this bright idea like a year ago. I also mailed mine last week!

10:59 PM  
Blogger J said...

Ours expires on July 10th so I sent in the paperwork in April. It's a good thing that we do not qualify based or I'd be really stinkin mad.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh man, hate it when sh*t like that happens. Icecream didn't help? How about wine and a bath?

11:54 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

The one (and only one!) good thing to happen if we have to renew yet again!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..