Wednesday, May 09, 2007

COFFEE WITH THE SOCIAL WORKER

I just finished getting all the paperwork done again for China (for those that don't know...It's all expiring because it's taking so long) and met with our social worker this morning. We haven't seen her since October, 2005. Needless to say, Ian doesn't remember her coming to the house before. I explained to him this morning that we were meeting her at a restaurant. I told him that she is a lady that writes a letter about us and tells China if we would be good parents for Ava or not.

The social worker and I spent about an hour going over the paperwork this morning. I even admitted that I have gained weight when we got to that question. Sigh. Ian was busy coloring and eating during most of the meeting. At one point, I looked over at him and he looked like he was going to cry. I asked him if he was alright (I thought maybe he had bit his tongue or something) and he said he was. After the social worker had left, Ian whispered to me...."How did we do?" He wants his little sister SO badly and wanted to make a good impression! I asked him why he looked like he was going to cry during the meeting. Ian said, "I was so scared that she wouldn't let Ava come and live with us!" I have the most WONDERFUL and AMAZING little boy!


12 Comments:

Blogger 4D said...

That is so heart warming! He is such a sweetheart.

Good to hear that it is all went well.

3:01 PM  
Blogger LaLa said...

What a sweetie!!! He will be a great big brother!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Oh melt my poor heart!!!

You must be sooo proud to be that boys mama!!!

Bless you!! Ava will be home soon Ian!!

3:36 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

What a sweet lil' guy! I think this wait is just as hard on our kiddos as us.

3:38 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

That is so stinkin' sweet!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

He is going to be the BEST big brother!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Oh my god what a sweet little man! Give hi a big ol smooch from me!

7:57 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Ooo gosh! I've teared up! What a sweetie! Harry is just impatient!!! He'd be screaming at the SW - "just give me my sister"!!!

6:41 AM  
Blogger redmaryjanes said...

That is the sweetest. He already cares so much for his baby sister.

5:27 PM  
Blogger J said...

Awwww. Sweet.

9:50 AM  
Blogger redmaryjanes said...

Hi there! A group of us is planning to meet at Yen Ching on 28th Street on May 25th if you'd like to join.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Oh my, you DO have a sweet boy! He is going to make such a wonderful brother. He will help you take such good care of little Ava!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..