Wednesday, May 02, 2007

SOME AGENCY WEBSITE

It's no wonder why there are still so many people starting their paperwork for China. Look at what I found on an agency website (not MY agency...Thank goodness). I removed the name of the agency (to protect the guilty). 14-16 month wait? They expect things to speed up? Do they mention the 25,000 to 30,000 dossiers that are currently on backlog? Do they mention that the CCAA referred only about 430 babies this last batch (per RQ)? My 14 month LID anniversary is next week....I best start getting ready!!.......NOT!

HERE IS WHAT THEY SAID:
When the necessary dossier documents are completed, Full Of Crap Agency will Express Mail everything to our staff in China to be translated and then submitted to the CCAA in Beijing. In just about 14 to 16 months you will be matched with a precious Chinese baby or toddler. (We anticipate this referral time to shorten due to the new parent requirements.) Once a child is referred to your family, several photos, a medical report, and an acceptance document will be sent to you. You are to sign the enclosed acceptance document and return it to us immediately. We forward it to China, and you can anticipate traveling about one month later to receive your child.

13 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

Oh, it'll shorten all right...in a few YEARS! Grrr to that agency....all the facts, please.

(I killed my 'May' sign goober on the blog....let me know if it makes a difference though I wouldn't think so ;0)

6:09 PM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Oh boy!! I best get packing too!!!

6:30 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Sadly for some agencies, it is a business and they can not advertise the actual situation as that would reduce their numbers. Not right at all!!

Keep smilin!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Those poor people who sign up with that agency. I sure hope they do their homework.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

iF THAT'S THE CASE i'M SWITCHIN AGENCIES! wHAT WAS THE NAME AGAIN? oH yES "fULL OF cRAP aGENCY"

Opps sorry bout the caps lock... actually it looks like my daughters MSN conversations!

Best of luck.
PS. Cool dream.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

That just made me nauseous!

10:36 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

{cough cough} BULL$#!@

7:02 AM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

Another thing that toasts me: This agency handles SEVERAL other countries. They could just be honest and people could look at another country.
My China only agency shows a 16-24 month wait...You would think if anyone would make the picture rosey...A China only agency would. That says something for my choice in agencies! Oh, this stuff gets me all fired up. Must. Find. Happy. Place. =)

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And then monkeys will fly our of our tush.

7:43 AM  
Blogger redmaryjanes said...

When we first started, we were quoted 18 months but not told that the clock started after our paperwork was completed and sent to China. None of the actual process and timeless were acurately explained to us. We now have 12 months invested in this adoption but are only about to celebrate our 3rd month LID.

8:58 AM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Maybe because its after the May changes? Maybe they don't expect as many dossiers to be logged from now on, meaning that the new people's process will be quicker?

Who knows... I just know that it certainly doesn't apply to us poor saps that got on board at the busiest time in history!!!

9:02 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

You. Are. Kidding.
I feel for those signing on with them. I think I know who "they" are too!

8:36 PM  
Blogger TBG Happenings said...

I had a family approach us about our adoption ( they heard from a mutual friend) ummmm they think that they will be matched in a year and are hoping for twins ( they have 3 great girls now and are paper chasing ). I just didn't have the heart....don't y'all remember when ignorance was bliss??? You didn't know RQ or that prediction websites even existed!!! I told her to try to find a yahoo group and to stop by our blog.....

-maryellen

ps
It goes without saying that the agency quoted is full of BS

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..