Monday, March 05, 2007

THIS -N- THAT

Yep, the stork has landed! Referrals were sent that cover LID's of October 14 through October 24, 2005. They did 11 days this month......Sigh. With a LID of March 8, 2006.....We are going to be on this rollercoaster for quite some time. Congratulations to the families that made it in this batch. My heart goes out to those of you that were so close and didn't make it. Next time.


Nope, this isn't a picture of Jeter. We saw this "little" guy walking down the middle of the road on Saturday afternoon. You can imagine how toasted Luna was when Jeff stopped and put him in our car. I had to keep telling Luna, "Calm down, it ISN'T Jeter." If you weren't aware, Luna and Jeter have had quite a history together. Let's just say that Luna looks sweet......But she wanted a piece of him in a BIG way! I stopped off at the corner store to put a sign up that we found this Jeter look alike. The man at the store told me that he knows whose dog it was. A lady was in his store putting up a sign and was bawling her eyes out. I called her from the store and she was SOOOOOO happy that I found him. I guess Mugsy wandered off on Thursday night and was out in all the terrible weather we were having. It was so nice to have a happy ending......Besides, I don't need 5 dogs! Here is a picture of Luna after Mugsy left.....I told you she looks sweet.


Jeff and I went out on a little date on Sunday. We stopped off to eat at our new favorite place.....Famous Dave's. Let me tell ya, you have NO idea how good this place smells when you step out of your car. It's UNBELIEVABLE! I just had to wipe some drool off my keyboard.
How cool is THIS? They have 6 kinds of BQ sauce!!! Check out the paper towels on each table! How smart is THAT?!

9 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I'm a sucker for a happy-ending animal story!!!

p.s. the food below looks yuuuummy!!

3:45 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Good stuff about finding Mugsy`s home.

Now I want ribs and BBQ sauce! Looks SO good.

Awesome butterfly shots.

Keep smilin!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Great Happy Ending! So sorry for Luna. :)

We LOVE Famous Dave's!!!! Aren't the cornbread muffins amazing? Yum! Now I want to go eat there!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

Lee-anne,
Yes, Jeter is gay. Luna is NOT in love with Jeter. When I said she wanted a piece of him....I mean she wanted to take a bite out of him!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Famous Dave's is definitely one of our favorites as well -- glad you had a good date...

6:58 PM  
Blogger redmaryjanes said...

Oh good for you, taking Mugsy in and all. I like Famous Dave's! I can't believe they only went through 11 days. That has got to be the shortest group ever. How discouraging. My LID is 2/6/07. Your daughter will be old enough to babysit mine when she gets here.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Truly Blessed said...

Hey, that Famous Dave's is about 2 miles from my house. Next time you're in the neighborhood, give me a call and we'll join you. We LOVE F.D.'s!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

you have FOUR dogs??

9:49 PM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

Elizabeth,
Yes, but one is only 6 pounds....That hardly even counts.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..