Thursday, March 01, 2007

OUCH!!

We started our shots for China yesterday. We tried to keep it a secret from Ian until the very last minute.....Then his brother Griffin, let the cat out of the bag. We were trying to pump him up in the first picture.


Then.....Jeff and I found out that we would need 5 shots each....Of course, none were oral and none were combination shots. Hope just needed a Hep A, Griffin needed a Hep A and an updated tetanus and Ian just needed a Hep A (Thank God!!). To hell with the typhoid!


It took FOREVER for the nurse to draw up all those injections. Here is a picture of me waiting to be called in.


Here is Jeff and Ian waiting (Ian was actually doing pretty good at this time).


And here is Griffin waiting to be called back. (Hope refused to have her picture taken)


Here are all the shots. They covered the entire left side of the room.


And part of the right.



After all was said and done.....It WASN'T that bad at all. Our arms are a little sore from the tetanus shots, but it's not that bad. I'm SOOOOO happy to cross this off my to do list!

*****Some pictures of individuals may have been slightly exaggerated.

8 Comments:

Blogger Truly Blessed said...

Too funny! I remember those days...

When we were there (in October) they'd just released the flu shots, but were only available to seniors, infants and the ill. Somehow, because we were traveling in the near future, our nurse also gave us the flu shots as well, and two of the boys had the meningitis vaccine to boot! We came out with far more holes in our arms than we anticipated.

Yeah, cross another item off your "to do"list and celebrate!

I'm glad you're taking your kids, they'll have the time of their lives -- mine sure did! Hey, maybe we'll come back to China with you...it'll be fun!

10:18 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Hoot and a half! A pain but no real damage getting the shots. Then once you are done, safe and sound!

Keep smilin!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Cool!! What a fun time for all of you!!! ;)

I should look into what shots Dale and I need to do. That is actually something I've never asked our agency or our doctor yet!!

One more thing to add to MY list!!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

That is funny! I love the pictures.

Glad to hear it wasn't so bad. I think I am going to have to get five also. ICK!

6:17 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

That's hillarious! I have to say those hep shots did NOT hurt but that TETANUS shot HURT!!!

One step closer...

7:11 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

Oh right! I guess I better get my butt in gear and get our shots done. I've been putting it off cuz I'm not real convinced I'll ever get to China.

I don't think those photos were slightly exaggerated.....lol!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

How can a trip to the doctors for shots seem like so much fun?! What a great family you have! (Soon to be even greater in number and spirit!)

4:24 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yikes! We have appointments set up for a week from Friday. THANKS A BUNCH for the pics of all the needles...;o) Actually, when all is said and done I think the bill is what will hurt the most!

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..