Thursday, March 08, 2007

THE NUMBER 12


One year ago today, our paperwork was logged in at the CCAA. I can't believe that we have crossed an entire year off the calendar.....The hard part right now is not knowing how many more days will still need to be crossed off. It was very disappointing after the last batch of referrals were sent, as all of us ALWAYS hope for more days.....If only they could have referred a couple more days (I say that EVERY month). Unless you are in the process, you don't realize how important those couple days mean. The CCAA might be so close to referring your LID (or one of your close adoption pals) that you can taste it....Only to miss the cut off by a couple days. Those couple days will then add another month to your wait and so on and so on and so on. I read a comment from Doris on another blog and she said it best......Referral time is bittersweet. We are so happy that referrals are finally arriving and so excited to get a peek at those adorable babies, yet so sad that with each passing month the wait lengthens. Referral day then turns into a sad time for us and that's a shame. But, what can we do but pick ourselves back up, dust ourselves off and hope that things are better the next month. If you lose hope, what's left? I have to have hope.....Hope that we will see Ava's face THIS year....Hope things will eventually speed up. Now that I've dusted myself back off, I'm going to find my happy place again......I can't guarantee that I will always stay there.....But today I'm determined to find it. I think I'm going to celebrate today by taking a trip to the mall.....Hey, I told you that I'm in search of my happy place....That's at least a place to check, right? I think I'll check first at the Coach store and then at Mrs. Fields cookies...............................

Sending a big hug to Melissa because it's also her 1 year LID Anniversary today (and because I miss her).

16 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Lisa,

Right behind you, we will celebrate our one year on the 22nd. Completely understand, I've been in a blue mood since Monday! Was blaming it on Michigan winters, but the truth is I am overwhelmed with the wait... some days I feel like I am just going to sit here at my computer until we are referred.

Buy something pink today!

I'm going to go DO SOMETHING!!

9:39 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

I am sending Melissa a big hug as well, I miss her too.

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy
Happy, Happy, Joy!!!

I'm dusting myself off as well and plowing forward. We must have hope that 2007 will bring some sweet baby girl faces our way, it just has to.

Congrats to serving one year of what appears to be a very long sentence.

9:54 AM  
Blogger J said...

Happy 1 year anniversary.
Wow, I'm amazed at how this last batch of referrals hit all of us. We all have the same bittersweet feeling. Most days I can say "the wait is what it is and I can't change that", but then there are some days I just want to scream. Monday was one of the "I just want to scream" days.

Good luck finding your Happy Place. I think the Mall is a great place to look.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Happy 1 year!!!

Wow!! Seeing all my March friends hitting the 1 year mark is so wierd to me!! I know with every month that passes, you all become more and more special to me.

How ever will I handle all the emotions when it's MARCH referral blessing time??!!!

Blessings,

Dawn

12:23 PM  
Blogger redmaryjanes said...

Congratulations! One year..that is a long way through the journey. When I see people posting 12 plus months, it reminds of Beetlejuice where he tricks the shrunken head guy out of his ticket..I wanna trade my ticket in for a much closer one.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Congrats! Yes, I think the mall is a great place to find your happy place. I need to find mine too, maybe I'll take your advice and go to the mall today too.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Okay, so did you go shopping or what?

By the way... I thought everyone had their own referral spreadsheet??

4:26 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Coach and Mrs. Field's that is a GREAT way to celebrate!

Congratulations on making the one year mark. That is an amazing milestone.

6:48 PM  
Blogger cougchick said...

Congrats on your one year LID. What a lonnnnggg pregnancy....

7:34 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Happy 1 Year LID-iverary!

Bittersweet is the new word in my vocabulary. I totally love that you are wallowing a bit but dusting yourself off and getting back on and going ahead. It is the bes way and I am inspired by your attitude and will try to do the same.

Keep smilin!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Yep, find your happy place girl!

It's true...if you lose your hope, you lose everything.

Congrats on 12 months. that is really something!

12:38 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Happy 1 year LID anniversary Lisa!!!

I hope you plan to celebrate this milestone!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

ONE YEAR!!! Really that is a milestone. This will be the year you see her face. I know it!!!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Happy LIDiversary Lisa! It's tough to know we've waited so long but knowing we've made it at least to the half-way mark is wonderful. Hope your retail therapy was successful.

Now for some reason I'm in the mood to make cookies. :o)

7:45 AM  
Blogger Dannye said...

Happy anniverary and 12th month LID-versary!!

I am going to hold on to the faith the CCAA is going to speed up (and sooner rather than later)...

Your Ava will be in your arms soon, I can just feel it.....

11:09 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Congratulations! Mine is coming up in 1 month! Down hill slide from here, Hopefully!

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..