Sunday, January 28, 2007

BOOK TAG

I have been tagged by several people to do this book tag.....Better late than never. You are supposed to turn to page 123 and write down several lines from the book. For those that know me, I'm much more of a gossip magazine type of gal.....Not many have 123 pages unless you are lucky enough to find a double issue! The problem with reading books..... I become completely obsessed and won't put them down until I finish. However, this is the last book that I read (it was a gift from my dear, Secret Pal) so I thought I would use this one. It is a WONDERFUL story and I recommend it HIGHLY. Page 123 is the chapter page so I'm using page 124.....I know, I'm a rebel!



Jaclyn continued her Saturday attendance at Chinese school, and as time went by I began to wonder who was learning more from this experience-she or I. While she was busy trying to retain her Chinese, I was learning what it was like for people who leave their homelands to live in a strange new culture. I was the only parent there, out of about three hundred, who did not know Chinese. I was the one who didn't understand the public address announcements. I was the one who couldn't stand around and join in the animated chatter of the other parents. I was the one who couldn't read the notices that were sent home. I was the one who brought her child on the wrong day because I did not understand the schedule. I was the one who did not know to dress her child in a costume for the party. I was the one who looked different.


Next, I'm supposed to tag other people......The rebel in me says.......Anyone that hasn't yet done the book tag, please do so.

P.S. Aren't you glad I didn't put that boys playing tag picture up again?....I'm not going to lie....I thought about doing it because I know how much Tracy likes seeing it!

7 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

Seriously, that sounds like a very good book.

On to other things, Tracy needs to print off a copy of the 'boys playing tag' put it in a plastic frame and enjoy! ;0)

12:54 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

The book sounds interesting....but I am so glad you didn't put "the boys" back up. I was so sick of clicking here, only to see them, they became rather annoying.

Glad your back! So how 'bout that crappy weather of yours?

7:39 PM  
Blogger Joannah said...

I loved that book! Made me cry all the way through.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yep, I cried too-all the way through it. Then, Cindy Champnella was the keynote speaker at a China adoption conference we attended before we started the adoption process(what was it, 18 years ago???LOL). Of course, we were expected to eat our lunch while she told her story while choking back the tears!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I did not see this one! I'm off to look it up online!

Oh .. and I'll get some tissues too ..

Julie

6:52 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Damn, no one has picked up a racy novel! Where is the smut?

12:24 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

I have alot of catching up to do with the book thing and the picture thing....

Problem is I am reading like 3 books at once...

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..