Sunday, December 31, 2006

WHAT'S ONE MORE?

I was looking at the paper on Friday and came across the local animal shelter advertising animals that needed a home. I read that there was a 10 year old German Shepherd that needed a home. I was so upset that an animal would end up at the dog pound after being a family pet for 10 years. The local dog pound keeps them for 3 days and then they gas them. Yep, they still use gas. I wasn't going to have that happen to the Shepherd SOOOOOOOO....... Jeff and I made a quick stop after work on Friday. I told Jeff to go in and Luna, Bella & I would wait out in the car. Jeff was in there a long time so I decided to call him on his cell phone. A few minutes later I see Jeff stick his hand out the door and make a hand motion for me to come in. The German Shepherd was no longer available. I guess her owners had a change of heart and decided to pick her back up. This is who greeted me when I opened the door. This is Hank.
Jeff said that there was 1/2 dozen dogs there and everyone was barking except for Hank. Hank just cocked his head and their eyes met. Rumor has it.....It was love at first site.
Hank was just brought in to the pound that day. Someone had captured Hank after witnessing him being abused. Hank's owner would throw him over a 6 foot fence and kick him. We were fortunate that the officer had a soft heart and made Hank available for adoption that day. Hank wants to wish all of you a Happy New Year.........Hank's New Year is going to be VERY Happy with his new family.

Hank is a 6-8 month old (Bella is 7 months old) Sharpei/Chow. Rumor has it his name used to be Tank.

23 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

I LOVE HANK!!! He is soooo gonna dig his new place!! (Figuratively of course!) BTW, You and Jeff are my "favoritist" kind of people-pure heart! Welcome home, Hank!

9:40 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Awww, Hank is so adorable and look out Jeter....there's a new dog in town!

Big hearts you have!

Happy New Year to you and your family! Let's hope 2007 brings some referrals our way!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Johnny said...

That's great! You guys done good. And a dog cocking his head, sizing you up? Yeah, that's the one to pick.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Oh girl, I can't even get within a mile or more of a shelter, I'd want to take them all home! so I just get my kicks on Petfinder.com!
Good for you!!! He is so cute too!

11:41 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

He is so cute I can't stand it! What a sweetheart in his New Year's gear.

Enjoy your new digs, Hank!

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky Hank! Congrats on your cute new family member!

3:18 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Hank is a cutie. I hope everyone has a smooth adjustment period.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Hank is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! Love those ears.

Congratulations on the new addition!!

Happy New Year!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Can I tell you what I would do to someone that did that to a dog?? I'd be in jail is all I can say. That makes me sooooo mad!!

Anyhow - Hank is a sweetie. I love that you guys rescued him and he has owners that he can trust.

Happy New Year!!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Joannah said...

Bless your hearts for saving Hank! He's a lucky boy!

Happy New Year!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Ahhh!!

That's the BEST NEW YEARS post I've read all day!!!

He looks soooo much like our JAKE!!!

I want another puppy already too! Jake had so much fun at Grandma and Grandpas farm this Christmas with Dale's brothers dog. I just want Jake to have a friend here too!!!

LOVE HANK!!! Hope you all have a great year!!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Happy New Year!

Hank is a cutie!

2:23 PM  
Blogger TBG Happenings said...

Hank looks ready for 2007!!! Congrats on the new family member Hank is going to love it there!!

Maryellen

3:34 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

What a heartwarming story to get the new year started off right. Hank is so handsome! It hurts my heart to know he was abused. He has a wonderful family now.

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have fostered several rescue dogs in the past. I really hate to hear the dog abuse stories. Animals are so innocent. You have done a great thing by taking in a rescue. Hank looks like he may have some pit bull in him as well as chow. Welcome home, Hank!

8:01 PM  
Blogger The luckiest mommy in the world said...

Ahhhh - you guys have such big hearts and are going to be wonderful parents to your little China Doll. I'm not even a dog lover but just looking at his little face brought a smile to my face. The poor little soul having to go through that torture. He's in good hands now

8:44 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

oh my gawd, he is so cute! really sweet face on him. You and Jeff are something else, that's all I have to say. The world needs more people like you!!!
Jeter just saw his picture - I believe he's a bit smitten. He said "Is that a headband, or is he just happy to see me?"

Happy 2007 to you guys!!!!!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Oh, how I love another dog sucker... as you know we just added a 4th canine to our family... because we're nuts.

Good for you for going for a rescue dog... especially one who lets you put dingle balls on his head.

Happy New Year!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

That is so awesome. Hank has a new home. He looks like such a sweetie. I just don't get it sometimes how folks can abuse animals. I think you all will be blessed.

8:18 AM  
Blogger 4D said...

Congrats! He is adorable! I love that he let you put the New Year`s headband on.

Keep smilin!

8:47 AM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Way to go! Other than his spooky "robot" eyes, he's a honey!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

Lee-Anne,
Hanks doesn't have "spooky robot eyes".....it's just bad photography! Hank has the most beautiful eyes and quite frankly, he is WAY cuter than his pictures show.....Can you tell that I'm in love?

8:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have me crying over here! Congratulations on your little Hank. He's just gorgeous.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..