Monday, November 20, 2006

A WHOLE LOT OF RAMBLING

UPDATE OF THE UPDATE:

WE HAD THE MEETING THIS MORNING. I CAN'T SAY IF WENT GREAT BUT WE DID SETTLE A FEW THINGS.

  1. GRIFFIN WAS IN SCHOOL TODAY.
  2. THEY ARE GOING TO FURTHER INVESTIGATE.
  3. THE ASS SAT THERE THE ENTIRE TIME AND SAID NOTHING EXCEPT, "I DON'T REMEMBER."
  4. THEY ARE GOING TO TELL THE KID THAT BRINGS THE GAME TO SCHOOL TO LEAVE IT AT HOME. HE ALSO ISN'T ALLOWED TO BRING HIS SILLY PUTTY TO CLASS ANYMORE.
  5. I WAS ABLE TO TELL THE PRINCIPAL THAT SHE NEEDS TO WATCH WHAT SHE SAYS BECAUSE SOMEDAY SHE MAY FIND HERSELF IN A WORLD OF TROUBLE IF SOME KID THINKS SHE REALLY THINKS HE'S STRANGE.
  6. THE PRINCIPAL APOLOGIZED TO GRIFFIN & EXPLAINED HER STRANGE BOY COMMENT. SHE DID SAY THAT THE KID THAT GRIFFIN GAVE THE GAME TO SAID HE DOESN'T REALLY KNOW GRIFFIN. GRIFFIN SAID THAT THE KID NEVER SAID THAT. IT WAS HER WAY OF TRYING TO GET OUT OF IT.
  7. GRIFFIN SAID THAT HE HEARD FROM SOME KID THAT THE SCHOOL IS GOING TO PAY FOR THE GAME. NOTHING WAS MENTIONED TO US ABOUT THAT SO I'M NOT SURE.
  8. JEFF TOLD THEM THAT THIS BETTER BE REMOVED FROM HIS RECORD. THEY WILL ONLY DO THAT IF SOMETHING NEW COMES UP IN THE RE-INVESTIGATION. JEFF SAID SOMETHING LIKE......IF THIS ISN'T REMOVED FROM MY SON'S RECORD, WE WILL BE TAKING THIS TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
  9. MR. ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT PICKED UP HIS KEYS AND SAID, "THIS MEETING IS OVER."
  10. I'M TIRED.

UPDATE: WE HAVE A MEETING AT 7:15 A.M. ON TUESDAY WITH THE TWO PRINCIPALS AND THE ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT. JEFF SPOKE WITH THE ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT ON THE PHONE TODAY FOR QUITE AWHILE. HE WAS VERY UPSET WHEN HE HEARD ABOUT WHAT THE PRINCIPAL SAID ABOUT STRANGERS & STRANGE BOYS. HE WAS EXTREMELY WORRIED THAT GRIFFIN IS NOT UPSET OVER THIS COMMENT. I JUST WANT MY SON BACK IN SCHOOL AND THIS CRAP OFF OF HIS RECORD.

I have hardly slept since Griffin was suspended on Friday. I wake up in the middle of the night and play out all these conversations in my head. Most of the time the conversation turns to something you might see on the Jerry Springer Show. Jeff told me that maybe some of the words that I have chosen might not be appropriate and he suggested I make a list of some other words that may have the same meaning (example: bitch= female dog in heat). I think I better let him do most of the talking because I haven't made that list. I also need to have my fingerprints done again so I probably shouldn't pound anyone's face into the cement. Here is what has got me all worked up......

Griffin said that the principal came into the conversation that the assistant (she will be from here on out known as the ass.....Just so I don't have to keep typing the whole word :) principal was having with all of them. The principal listened to the ass for awhile and then said to Griffin, "It looks like you are busted." The principal then said to the kid that Griffin gave the game to...Do you ever watch CSI or shows like that? It's like at the airport, you don't want to take anything from a stranger because it may have a bomb in it. It's the same thing, you don't want to take anything from STRANGE boys. First, this kid knows my son so he isn't a stranger. Second, she didn't give my son the same lecture when he took the game from the first kid. Third, whether she was "joking" or not, she has labeled my son strange. Now, what would happen if one of the days she says something like that to the wrong kid. What if the kid is kind of a loner and might already feel like he is different than the other kids. That might be the type of kid that comes home and hurts himself OR goes back to the school with a gun. Thank goodness, my son is the type of kid that can laugh about it. This woman should be smart enough to know better. I'm telling you, my blood is BOILING!! We are still waiting for a call from the superintendent. I should be spending this time trying to think of appropriate words.

12 Comments:

Blogger 4D said...

Gotta wonder sometimes how people receive degrees and the right to work with kids! Possible poster child for early retirement?!?

Keep smilin!

11:32 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

Wow! You are hot and rightfully so. I'd like to help you out with some better name selections, but quite frankly, if it were my boy, I think those words would be the only ones I could think of also.

Wonder how many are about to lose their jobs?

12:34 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

I'd be wanting head on a platter for Thanksgiving too!

Whew....I hope things find some resolution before the holiday.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

OMG we have alot in common. I go over things a million times in my head - mostly instead of sleeping when something is bothering me. I hope you find a solution to this soon so you can get some rest!!

Good luck!

Julie

9:05 PM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Oh Lisa!! I can totally relate to sticking up for your kids! Good for you!! Get to the very bottom of it and don't give up!!

Hope it goes good! Let us know!

12:35 AM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

I can't help you with the words.
Mine are all four letters.
I know, I should be more supportive in your word selection, but I go insane when it comes to my kids.
Jacob came home once with a temp of 103.8, he was so, so sick. I asked him how long he felt this bad. He said all day long. He told the substitute teacher he wasn't well, but she said, "go sit back down!"
By now he was throwing up also. I told Darren you take him to the doctor and I'll go to the school, because I am going to kill that substitute, but he wouldn't let me. I took Jacob to the doctor and Darren went to the school to talk to the principal.
Long story short - the sub can't work in their school anymore.
I hope you have just as much luck. DO NOT LET THAT GO ON HIS RECORD. Keep us updated.

11:54 AM  
Blogger OziMum said...

What is it with some teachers/ass's? He was suspended... for that?

That lady is a nutter, someone needs to give her a good slappin (preferably no one from your family, don't think that'll look good on the old police check!)

3:53 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Geesh, that should so be removed from his record. It sounds like mistakes were made all over and to hold that over a child on their record forever is ridiculous.

10:01 PM  
Blogger J said...

So sorry to hear that the meeting did not go better. Did they explain why Griffin is the only child being punished??? I still don't get that one. I hope that "their further investigation" sheds more light and helps to clear Griffin. Try to get some sleep.

Joanne

10:53 PM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Yikes!! Sounds like another rough day!!

Still thinking of you lot's! Hope it all works out...

Dawn

1:14 AM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

J,
They now refuse to talk about the punishment of the other boys. Griffin knows the other boys weren't punished because they told him. When it suits them, they won't even talk about how the others were even involved.

6:52 AM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Hang in there guys. Hope this is all settled soon, and Griffin's record is clear. What a huge mess over something so meanial as a game? Truly, don't the teachers have anything better to do... like maybe teach the kids something?!!!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..