Wednesday, November 15, 2006

OUCH!


If you read the title of my post, you might be thinking that I already had the suggested vaccinations for China. I have not. I did make a couple phone calls the other day and found out that they only had two appointments available (we need 5) at the health department for December 20th. The Hep A is a series of two shots that are six months apart. I can't believe that I am actually thinking (hoping) that it would be cutting is close with when I'm hoping to travel. The only one the doctor's office doesn't have is the Hep A....so that forces us to go to the health department. I have check traveling clinics and the only hope of getting 3 more appointments would be to travel MILES away. My children are current on everything but the Hep A (only because it's not required for school). How many of you have started the shots? How many of you are NOT going to bother? Talk me out of it........ I HATE PAIN!

9 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

After referral, we frantically scrambled for shots. We went to the "international travel clinic" for our HMO (which was kinda a waste) and got part 1 of the Hep A (they said it was good enough to go to China). Then, we got a typhoid shot. Errr, it seems we were the only one in our China travel group to get a typhoid shot - so it shows that your shots are dependent on the person you talk to.

Anyway, a year later, I got part 2 of the Hep A.

My wife got her part 2 about 2 years later!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

lord, I haven't even thought about it
how bad am I??

11:51 AM  
Blogger 4D said...

We had them all. No pain or issue.

We thought it was better safe than sorry.

Keep smilin!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Kramer said...

Shots! I hate shots!! I don't mind giving them but I sure don't want them. I need to look into getting mine as well.

12:15 PM  
Blogger J said...

I too hate shots but bit the bullet and just finished my last Hep B and Hep A last month. Our clinic recommended: Hep B, Hep A, Tetanus (if you are not up-to-date), and MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella). I think there is something about Malaria medication if you travel in the Summer and not sure about Typhoid. I did not get a vaccine for Typhoid. Note: taking a dose of Tylenol or Motrin right after you get the shots really helps with the pain. I couldn't believe how well that worked.

Joanne

4:12 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

We haven't had them, I'm kinda thinking I'm going to piddle around long enough that I won't have time to get them.....that's my plan for now anyway!

4:15 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

I'm the 'lucky' duck. I'll still do the Hep A but have already had the other stuff since in the medical field.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I better get moving! I haven't had any yet. Ouch!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

We need to get started on those. ICK!!!

We have to go the the health department also, what a double pain! :)

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..