Thursday, November 02, 2006

ONLINE FRIENDS

Jeff and I are heading to Chicago this weekend to meet up with two of my favorite blogging buddies, Melissa & Kramer and their husbands. We have told a few friends and family of our plans this weekend. Some people have asked....."Are just the two of you going for a little vacation?" I then explain that we are meeting a couple of friends that we have met online that are also adopting from China. Then comes the LOOK
Do you find that people just don't understand when you talk about your online friends? I have to say, a couple of years ago I probably would have given the same look out. Not anymore. Besides, they have all been fingerprinted by the FBI once or twice and had criminal background checks. No worries.

9 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

Heehee...know what you mean. If we've been approved to adopt then we know there are no freak-o axe murderers in the bunch!

9:47 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

LOL!!! I soooo know what you mean! When I flew to Sydney to catch up with Rod and MaryMia, people (inc my husband!!) thought I'd be chopped up into little pieces!!! I didn't even think about the whole police check/fingerprint stuff!!! Too funny! Have a fantastic weekend! Melissa, will be quite relaxed, now that she's sorted out her check issues!!!

3:20 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Hope y'all have a great weekend! Give Melissa a big ole hug for me!

5:16 AM  
Blogger Elle said...

Yes, my friends don't get it either!

Y'all have lots of fun! Can't wait to hear about it!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Stephe said...

LOL... try explaining a CYBERSHOWER or Secret Pals. My friends are still "not sure" about the whole thing! LOL

7:15 AM  
Blogger Kramer said...

Lisa,
I love it!! I got the same responses! How could you go visit someone you don't know. (I'll make sure to leave my ax at home if you do!!) Rest up tonight!
Kim

8:16 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

I know - the reactions are funny huh?? Have a great time. I am SO looking forward to my trip next weekend. :-)

8:30 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

I know that look. I just refer to you gals as "some friends" now. Leave the internet part out and they handle it better. Have fun! Don't talk about us.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

IT's totally true!!

I'm flying to Vancouver in January to meet Catherine and some of my agencies families from our travel group who we'll eventually be spending our entire trip to China with.

No one can understand why I'm taking time away to go visit these "friends"!!

Have a great time!!!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..