Wednesday, October 25, 2006

THE ROOM SHUFFLE


I am going to try and explain the room shuffle a bit better. Why are 3 out of 4 kids getting a new room? Believe it or not, there is some logic behind all this madness. First, Hope (being the oldest and the one that does the most whining) wants the old work-out room (pictured above) for her new bedroom because it's bigger than her old room. Hope's old room is actually located directly under our room. It's not a smart choice to give to Ava because it so far away from our room. Ian is old enough to move into Hope's old room. Giving Ian Hope's old room works out good because the two boys will have rooms next to each other. Griffin is the only one that is staying where he is.....It stinks being the middle child! Ava will be getting Ian's old room because it's the only other bedroom that is on the same floor as Mommy & Daddy (and she scores with her very own bathroom).........It's great being the baby of the family! I'm crossing my fingers that Ava is a good sleeper............I'd rather have her closest to our room in case she isn't.

This is a picture of the wall that the new closet will go on. We are going to be busy this weekend picking out paint samples for the three bedrooms. I'll keep you posted since I know so many love HGTV. I have to say that I am also addicted to all those home improvements shows! House Flip......My favorite.

7 Comments:

Blogger Pug Mama said...

you have (or will) the same set up as we do. Our master bedroom is on the first floor, along with Ava's room. She needs to be close to us. Then we have three bedrooms upstairs for Jacob, Justin, and Ashley.
I too hope Ava will be a good sleeper, being that her bedroom is so close to the living room and across the hall from the office (that Darren goes into to scream on the phone)
Did you watch Buy Me, on HGTV last night. I swear, I was having convulsions last night over how messy and disgusting that house was. I can't believe how some people will allow camera's into their homes when they live like pigs. I have anxiety if someone drops by unexpectedly, and I have dishes in the sink!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

I swear, I had to do your word verification FOUR freakin' times before it went threw!!!!!!!

11:04 AM  
Blogger 4D said...

I love Buy Me! It is filmed in Montreal (here where I am) and I know some people who have been on it.

HGTV is the best! Do you get Holmes on Homes? Love them!

Keep smilin!

12:46 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Nice! I know this is a "G" rated blog, but I thought you didn't want Hope's bedroom under yours, because she might work out when "the action" is goin on?!!!

:) I love picking out paint colours, I love painting on the first coat... after that, I lose interest!!!

5:24 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

I.AM.DROOLING.OVER.YOUR.FLOORS! ;0)

(*#@ carpet gets ordered next week for this joint!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Oh my!! I want your workout room for MY bedroom!!!

Your house must be HUGE!!

Have fun renovating!!

Good medicine to keep your mind somewhat off the refferrals (or lack thereof)

12:38 AM  
Blogger Lisa~~ said...

Have fun with all the work ahead of you and make sure to post piccies once all the rooms are completed.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..