Tuesday, October 10, 2006

REPORT FROM THE MOLE

Anyone that knows me even a little, knows I'm a need to know kind of gal. It may explain why I frequent the rumor site from time to time (Hee-Hee). I have managed to make a connection to someone that works for a large well known multi-country adoption agency. Several months ago this person said that the wait time was going to extend to around 18 months. Currently, this agency truly believes that things will settle in at around 14 months. She just returned from China and while there went to several orphanages. She stated that there were LOTS of babies in the orphanages and they looked very well cared for. I am really excited that they have gone from believing an 18 month wait down to a 14 month wait. Just thought I would share my little inside scoop with all of you, even if it isn't much.

13 Comments:

Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Ohhhh I love your inside scoop!!!

Keep us posted if you hear anything else!! Cause you know, I may frequent the rumor board every once in awhile (hiding under computer desk now!) lol

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so hoping this holds true. The uncertainty is very difficult to deal with. I'll be looking for updates!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I keep saying over and over that I can't believe that we have come to the point that news of a 14 month wait is considered "good news." But I'll take it!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

that would mean we are half way there!!!
HALF WAY THERE!!!!!!!
Oh, please let that be true.

7:39 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Wow! I hope that scoop is the true poop! I could handle being a bit more than halfway there. Hoping, hoping!

7:46 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Oh, let's sing it again:

Happy, happy, joy, joy!
Happy, happy, joy!!!!

I'd like it to go to 12 months so I don't have to renew that darn I-700 form!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Oh my............I so want to believe this. It could make my Christmas miracle come true...but I need to keep my heart guarded for Jan/Feb... "sigh".

Thanks for posting that tho - one never knows with this wild ride!!

9:12 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Anything near concrete and positive is good!

Keep smilin!

9:13 PM  
Blogger J said...

Ohhh, thanks sooo much for giving us an update from the mole. I must say that our most recent email from GW actually seemed positive (or I could be loosing my mind, which is very possible). I agree with Jenn, who would have thought I'd be doing cartwheels over the thought of a 14 month wait.

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 14 month wait sounds wonderful! The only thing that concerns me is the fact that Oct 2005 and Nov. 2005 were huge months for dossiers. If it takes 3-4 months for the CCAA to get through each month, then I think the wait will be more like 18-20 months total for those of us with a 2/06 LID and later. I think we will have a better estimation once Oct. 2005 is completed by the CCAA. Let's keep our finger crossed!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I think knowing your time frame makes everything so much more tolerable...

Good work, Nancy Drew!

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take anything I can get - and this will work.
Thanks!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Kramer said...

Sounds wonderful! Please let it be true!!! We can only hope!

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..