Friday, October 27, 2006

MY WEEK IN REVIEW

I have to tell you, I'm glad this week is over with. Griffin has been sick all week (since the dance...Was his date really sick?) with a fever & cough. Ian had it the week before and missed a couple days of school. I have been popping vitamins all week because I'm terrified of becoming it's next victim. I hate feeling like my house is crawling with germs. ICK!

I had treatment #3 (acid) on the damn wart foot. I had it done on Monday and was limping around for several days. That damn wart just doesn't want to give up. It's a fighter, but I won't let it win. I've come too far. It wasn't as bad as treatment #2. The last one brought tears to my eyes when I tried to walk. Who would have known this would have been such a big deal.

Keith started Hope's new closet on Tuesday. He only worked the one day and then had outside work (for someone else) to do since our Michigan weather actually was nice for a couple days. He promises to be back on Monday. I have this anxious feeling all of a sudden that I want to get moving on the rooms. I'm not sure why. We need to pick out paint and get the flooring for the closet this weekend. I can't wait to finally start Ava's room. I think I'm finally ready.

In adoption news.....My body feels physically drained this week with the adoption rollercoaster. I am always on edge the week that referrals are expected. The fact that it is rumored that referrals have been sent & the cut-off remains top secret is getting old. Really old. I'm really pulling for all the August families and hoping that they will know something soon. Unfortunately, it looks like there will be no news until Monday. I have found myself believing that things are about to speed up. I'm setting myself up for a big fall if I'm wrong. Why do I do it? Need. To. Protect. My. Heart.

I had a nice surprise in the mail yesterday. My Secret Pal sent me a couple wonderful gifts. I will post pictures tomorrow. One of my gifts was a book & I have hardly been able to put it down. Thank you, SP. I only have a couple chapters to go and it's calling for me. Nighty night.

5 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Sorry to hear about your foot. That sounds pretty painful!!

Yup...something is trying to tell me there could be a speed up in sight, but I just don't want to let my heart go there. Been there too many times, and only to be let down. Can't. just can't.

Happy weekend!

8:52 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Ouch! A wart on your foot! Very inconvenient!!!

I don't know why we try and convince ourselves of more referrals packed into each month... I actually told someone today, I'll be surprised if we hear anything before Christmas NEXT YEAR. I told the kids that today as well... I had been telling Harry after he starts school (Jan. 07) Ahhhh....
I'm tired of guessing.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

I depress myself by thinking the worst all the time. I suppose it doesn't help that I read the worst and skim the "good" each time I visit the rumors.

I don't know what to believe. I believe it's going to be a long, long ways!!

Sooo happy to have you to walk beside though!!

Dawn

3:59 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

Oh NO!!!! Please get all the sickness OUT OF THE HOUSE before this weekend. Jacob missed school on Wed. because he was sick - I was sick on Thursday - Darren on Friday.
Chicago or bust!!!!!!!!!
Around 2-3 months ago I really came to terms with this wait. I can no longer let it get to me the way it was. It was unhealthy. We can do nothing to change it. The only thing we have power over to change is our outlook and attitudes.
Deep huh?
maybe I am hifalutin after all???

p.s. That darn Murphy came back to bite me in the a@@. FROZE MY BON BON OFF during the breast cancer walk yesterday!!!!

9:20 AM  
Blogger 4D said...

Be gone wart!!!

Hope the sickies pass you by.

Room stuff sounds great. It is a distraction from the wait!

Keep smilin!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..