Friday, October 20, 2006

FIRST DANCE W/ UPDATE


I have to tell you, I'm still in complete shock. Griffin told us this week that he wanted to go to the very first middle school dance on Friday. He is in the 7th grade and this is the first dance.....EVER! Griffin is a brilliant child (he gets that from MY side of the family) and spends quite a bit of time on the computer. He is rather shy at times and I just never would have thought that going to a school dance was his kind of thang. Not. In. A. Million. Years. Last night I hear my 6 year old ask him who he was taking to the dance (Did I mention that MY 6 YEAR OLD ASKED THIS??). I couldn't believe my ears.......MY SHY, 12 YEAR OLD SON WAS TAKING A GIRL TO THE DANCE!!!!!!!! I said, HUH?? WHAT??? YOU HAVE A DATE??? HUH??? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US?????? Griffin responded, YOU DIDN'T ASK. I responded....HUH?? WELL, I DIDN'T THINK............! I asked him what she looked like and he said.......WELL, SHE'S REALLY PRETTY. I didn't even think he noticed girls yet. Except...... that one time back in elementary school when he and his friend were taking binoculars to school to look at girls on the playground. That was the ONLY time and I just figured he picked up that strange behavior from his Dad's side of the family!

When Jeff got home last night and found out that his son had a date, he proceeded to give Griffin advice on how he should act. He told him to make sure he tells her that he likes what she has done with her hair and told him he could use some of his cologne. I HAD to chime in and say.....NO. NO. NO. Just stick with the deodorant and just tell her she looks nice. I turn to Jeff and ask him how on earth he was able to snag (I said snag, not shag) me! I even told my mother some of his advice and she said......WHAT A NERD!!!!

I just got back from dropping Griffin off at the dance. My babies are growing up way too fast. Sniff.

UPDATE:
I just got home from picking Griffin up at the dance. He seemed pretty happy when he got in the car so I figured he must of had a pretty good time. I asked him how it went and if he danced with T. He said that when a slow song came on (he is NOT a fast dancer) his date was in the bathroom. He said that about an hour after they got there she got sick and stayed in the bathroom (Hmmmmm) for most of the night. He said that he is going to ask her to the next dance. You gotta give him credit.

11 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

Oh my! Can't wait to hear it all turns out. How can you have babies going to dances already? Did you get a look at the girl he's smitten with...better make sure she's no 'hussy' :0)

7:40 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Oh my! I'm right behind you...G is 10 and I am soooo nervous. G came home from school and said that everyone is telling him he should ask this one particular girl out. My response, "What? You don't go anywhere, you don't even drive, what do you mean ask her out? I don't think so!"

I need lessons on this stuff.

Give us the update!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

OMG!!! LOVE IT!!! How sweet!!!
My daughter is just a year behind your son. AAGGGGHHHHHH!
Not ready. SO.NOT.READY.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Ahhh!! I can't believe I'll have to go through that soon!!! I'll never make it!!

Sooo cute!!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Elle said...

How fun!!! I am glad he had a good time.

That's a male for you though - don't get any info unless you ask SPECIFIC questions.

They do grow up so fast!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

YEAH Griffin!! Sounds like a great evening! How exciting.

I remember spending A LOT of time in the bathroom during my first dance. I was so shy I didn't want him to ask me to dance. My friends and I sat on the floor of the bathroom and giggled until one of the teachers came in and kicked us out.

Memories! I can't wait to hear how the second dance goes for him.

10:13 AM  
Blogger 4D said...

That is so sweet! They grow up so fast.

Yeah for G-man!

Keep smilin!

10:24 AM  
Blogger OziMum said...

LOL! Classic! Love Jeffs advice!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that Griffin's date was ill all night. Hope he still had a good time!

4:50 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Sick in the bathroom???? Hmmmm??? At least he wasn't in the bathroom with her. hehe!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

OMG! That is soooooo cute!! Glad to hear that all went well. Hard to believe that this starts at 12!! Thank God I have at least 7 years to prepare for this!!

Julie :o)

7:55 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Wow! I know I see this at school all the time (with 5th graders!) but I just don't think it happens in the 'real world'! I think everyone is much better off when they agree to 'go together' and then avoid each other all evening! =)

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..