Monday, August 14, 2006

This -N- That

Hello! I'm sorry that I have neglected my blog lately. Our other computer crashed last week and the kids have been using my computer. Every free moment that I have to get on the computer it seems like one of the kids are already planted in front of it. I just sat down now to check my emails and look at a few blogs and along comes my son looking to get on the computer again. I told him, "Don't even think about it, it's my turn." KIDS!!! I have also been busy because we have a new addition to our family! We got a new puppy last Tuesday night. I tried to post a picture of her but so far blogger was not being cooperative. I'll try again later. She is 12 week old toy poodle and boy is she cute! The first night we had her I hardly slept at all. We put her in her crate and slept with it on top of our bed. I really thought that she would need to go out during the night and I couldn't sleep because I was worried that I wouldn't hear her if she cried. I was amazed that she slept until 6:30 in the morning! I took her out of her crate and she went potty on my shirt and finished the rest of her business outside. I learned that it is probably a good idea to take the entire crate outside in the morning and not try to carry her with a full bladder. She has had a few accidents in the house but overall she is catching on pretty quickly. I was soooo tired on Wednesday that when I got in the car to leave for work, I noticed that I was wearing my slippers. I guess I'm blaming my fatigue for missing Weigh in Wednesday. I did weigh myself on Wednesday and was down 1/2 pound. I also weighed myself this morning and quite frankly, I'd rather not talk about it! I had to get up early this morning to head to the hospital for my very first mammogram. Since turning 40 (cough cough) my doctor said that it was time to have it done. I really have been dreading it because I have heard horror stories about how bad it hurts. I'm here to tell you that it was not painful at all! Quite frankly, I think I've been grabbed harder by some of my old boyfriends (kidding, sorry Jeff). If you haven't had it done or have been putting it off..........Get it done, it's nothing! This afternoon I have to go to my other doctor's appointment. Yup, it's round #2 with my ole' foot wart treatment. At least this time I was smart and got all my food shopping done this morning in case I'm limping around this evening. I'm sure the kids won't be happy but if my foot is sore I'm going to take over the computer this evening and maybe even all day tomorrow. So, I'll be around if anyone wants to stop in and say hello!

8 Comments:

Blogger Pug Mama said...

A new puppy!! How fun!!
--what's that???---- hold on...
Jeter just said he hopes she has a better attitude than Luna(tic)!!
can't wait to see a picture of her.
I was wondering where you were - sent you an email. I even started getting a little excited thinking maybe you were planning a suprise trip down (wink**wink, Lisa S. told me!!)
I have decided we must meet before China. It is soooo much fun meeting up with people you have met through blogs. We will have to work on that!!! (Jeff can baby-sit Luna and the new puppy, right Jeff?!)
and Mammograms not hurt....honey I'm here to tell your readers THEY DO! Not as bad as people make out, but mine hurt like hell. I think the bigger breasted you are, the worse, because they end up becoming thin pancakes-and kind of oozing out of the sides of the plastic vise-grip/torture device thingy. I won't discuss the size of mine, but my ta-ta's were red ALL DAY LONG! anywho - STILL GET THEM DONE!
Hope your foot wont hurt too bad!
I'll drop in later with some ice cream!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

oh...I HAD to add-
I'm not 40! I have to get my mammograms for other reasons...so remember - I'M NOT 40!
not.40.

3:25 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Hello there! Congrats on your new fur baby! Lots of them coming into new homes.

Yeah for being proactive and having a mammo!

Hope the foot treatment goes well!

Keep smilin!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

Melissa,
Don't be scaring these women from getting mammograms! I'm here to tell ya that my breasts aren't small potatoes. (I'm sure Jeff is going to chime in since I just taught him how to leave a comment.) Yeah, I wanted to make it down to your get together. I thought it would be pretty funny to show up with Lisa S. because you don't know what the hell I look like! I'm sure I could of had some fun with you before you figured out it was me! I probably would of acted like some weird cyber lurker and had you all freaked out! Ahh, maybe another time! =)

4:13 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

new puppy!! post photos!!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Kramer said...

I can't wait to see the new puppy! Way to go on the 1/2 lb! Glad the mammo went good and didn't hurt and I hope the foot doc can work some more wonders on your "tumor"

8:34 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Hey, glad you're back! I kept coming to your blog to see that same #5!
**Puppy pictures please!!!

Glad the Mammo went well ... I have 4 very, very long years to go before I turn 40. Nya-nya! :o) I guess for once I'll be happy about my "small potatoes" (grin).

Good luck with your foot thing oh and if you saw my blog yesterday you'll see that I will not be discussing weigh-in Wednesday either. 'Nuff said.

J.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Hey Half Pint =) (Your comment made me laugh!) Glad you're back. Did I miss what you named your puppy? I can't wait to see pictures. When Bernie was a pup I started her out in a box next to the bed but I gave in to her crying and from then on she has slept in my bed, way down deep under the covers, on her back alongside me, body must be touching mine, with her toosh end facing towards my head. Yes. You give in once...Funny, I can't fall asleep without her there now! Best wishes with your new fur baby!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..