Monday, August 28, 2006

I'M LOSING IT!

My blog description reads.....Will we lose our minds in the process? Only time will tell. I'm here to tell you folks that I'm indeed losing it. Yep, I have been holding it together fairly well up until now. What the heck is up with only sending out 9 days of referrals? If they continue at that rate it will take 3 freakin' years to receive our referral. When the wait doubled from a 6 month wait to a 12 month wait everyone freaked out. God, I'd give anything for it to be a 12 month wait! Then, it was said that it may take 18 months from LID to referral. Again, we all freaked out. NOW, at the rate they are going it looks like much longer. How many times are we going to have to update all of our paperwork? I can't even believe I'm saying this...............CCAA, 18 months is alright with me. If you could keep it to that timeframe, I promise to relax and enjoy the wait with my family. Honest (nothing crossed).

12 Comments:

Blogger Karen and Jon said...

I am with you on the 18 months. I would never have thought that I would be hoping for 18 months. I just want a referral before I start collecting social security. Oh, wait, there isn't going to be any of that left....but you know what I mean.

12:50 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

I too hope for 18 months! Weird! But together we will get thru this crazy journey to our babies!

Keep smilin!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you, sister. I vacillate between pissed, then resigned. Then start the emotions all over again.
Not to be a demanding American, but we're not getting any younger over here.....
I think our lives are being held hostage by politcal BS.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Lisa....I'm with you as well!

Last night I actually emailed our agency asking them questions about another country (where's my ashamed graphic). I'll probably be better in a day or two, but right now it sucks!

I just don't know if I can stand another 18-24 mths. This is crazy!!

3:28 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

I'm hearin' ya! I still keep telling myself it is going to stabilize soon. If it doesn't, I'll need some of those drugs I now hear they throw you out for taking ;0)

4:16 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

I am so numb right now.
I went from being pissed to numb.
I'm sure the tears are next.
We had friends over last night that haven't been to our new house. When they saw Ava's room all the questions started again.
"how can you not know when? What has the U.S. done to piss China off?"
I don't know, I don't know is all I mumbled all night long.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

Uncontrollable emotions!!! I don't want 18 months!!! 12 months was bad enough!! Things really have got to change... and SOON!!!

Lisa

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I am so with you on this one. I am still trying to let the 9 days referred in August sink in. It was a long weekend. I was feeling pretty blue today but read Research-China.org today which made me feel a little better. I know some people feel that Brian Stuy is a nut case, but his latest post at least gives me a little hope.

Joanne Cryer
2/17/06

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is crazy talk. I am not getting it at all.

9:59 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

I'm right here with ya! It's ridiculous.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Shandra said...

I am with you. 12 months I can do, 18 months ok with me but 2-3 years is a little more than I can grasp right now.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I totally understand. Enjoy the current moments with your family & keep dreaming about your daughter!

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..