Monday, July 31, 2006

Putting My Feet Up!

I debated about posting about this but I figure what the heck, you guys already think I'm nuts. I went to the foot doctor this morning to have a foot wart (actually two) removed from the ball of my right foot. I know, I know, EEEWWW! I guess that part is not really all that strange. The strange part is that I have had this foot wart for OVER twenty years! Yup, twenty years! I had one removed when I was about nine or ten and it was terrible. The doctor dug down so deep in my foot that I have been scared ever since. I have tried over the counter medication over the years but it never really did anything to get rid of it. I guess the strange part is that I'm kinda attached to the little guy(s). I would dangle the wart foot at the kids over the years and they would SCREAM! Poor Ava is going to miss out on that! I would have this joke that it I was ever killed tragically my family could move the toe tag and identify just my foot. So why am I ready to say goodbye now? It is really embarrassing when getting a massage to say, "Hey, I don't need my feet done." Pedicures..................Only in my dreams! It was time. So, I went to the foot doctor this morning. I NEVER realized that it was going to be any big deal. The doctor explained that they would put the acid on it (50 times stronger that over the counter medications) and it would form a big blister tonight. I can't get it wet for 48 hours and I have to pop the blister in the morning! I guess I'm going to have to try and stay off of it for a couple of days! The doctor said, "It's probably going to take a couple treatments since it pretty much set up home here." He said the wart is probably saying, "HEY, what's going on here????" I had told him I was just as attached to it, as it was to me! He laughed. I told him the joke about identifying my body if I'm killed tragically . He laughed louder. He said, "Yeah, they won't need to use dental records with you!!" I'm sure he left the room thinking...........CRAZY WOMAN! So, I'm going to take it easy today and put my feet up and wait for the big blister to form! Sounds like fun, no? I'm hoping the referrals start rolling in and that will keep me busy. So as I sit here my wart(s) is dying a slow and painful death. Goodbye, old friend! Yeah, I know.........I'm crazy!

8 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

And as a bonus "eewww":

No pictures of before and after?

1:09 PM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Ewww!!!

Have a "relaxing" day!! (insert that smilie with the triangle eyebrows!lol)

Hope your treatments work!!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

No, you aren't crazy. I'm terrified to have anything done to my feet. I have a painful bone spur on the ball of my foot that I will never have anything done with. Pain is just so much easier. Can't wait to hear about the blister - and stay off your feet!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Kramer said...

Bring on the pedicures! I had one on my hand for a long time, I had also had one removed and it hurt so bad so I was just like you. When we moved into our first house I was cleaning everything with CLR and it disappeared never to return. Sorry your losing your friend but gaining some sexy feet! By the way, I think the meeting trip sounds awesome. Chicago is always a fun trip but anywhere is good. Anyone else want to go?!!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Kramer said...

Lisa,
Mike thinks we should meet at "The Big House" for a football game this fall. He was all excited to see your in Michigan!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

Kim,
I would LOVE to go to Chicago! I haven't been there since my 6th grade trip! My husband went to school there so I'm sure he could show us around. Is the "Big House" Michigan State or University of Michigan. Or something else? Can you tell I don't know much about football? I'm thinking we need to plan something!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

Johnny,
Sorry buddy. No pictures.

9:50 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Good for you for biting the bullet and having the little one removed. Just think of the pedicures you will be able to enjoy as you go thru more waiting (ironic isn't?)for the blister.

Keep smilin!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..