Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I'VE BEEN TAGGED!

I'm going to try this again. I had FINALLY completed my list of 7 sets of questions & 7 answers and STUPID blogger decided to do maintenance while I was trying to publish my post!!!!! Holly & Julie both tagged me so here it goes.........AGAIN! Stupid blogger.

7 things I'd like to do before I die:


  1. See all my children living healthy, happy lives and making families of their own.
  2. Watch my grandchildren get married or find their true love.
  3. Own a horse (or two).
  4. Have a huge barn so that I can foster animals.
  5. Build our dream home.
  6. Own property on the Torch River.
  7. Have many many years to spend with Jeff after he retires.

7 things I cannot do:

  1. Public speaking. Can't do it. Won't do it. (Believe me, people have tried to make me)
  2. Eat vegetables. Won't do it!!!!!
  3. Leave my Luna. (I'm going to be a MESS when I have to leave her to go to China!!! I cry at the mere thought of it!)
  4. Iron. It might be more won't than can't.
  5. Give up chocolate.
  6. Ignore a lost or injured animal.
  7. Make the CCAA work any faster! Believe me, I WISH I COULD!!!

7 things I can do:

  1. Make one mean potato dish.
  2. Stand up for myself/family.
  3. Make my family laugh.
  4. Eat large quantities of food. (Hence, the never ending diet)
  5. procrastinate. (I was tagged DAYS ago and I'm just getting around to doing it!)
  6. Look VERY innocent. (It has come in handy over the years)
  7. Love Ava so much it hurts.

7 things that attracted me to Jeff:

  1. His baby blues.
  2. His size!!! (Hey, I'm 5'11" and I finally found a guy taller!)
  3. His sense of humor. (It's sick like mine)
  4. The fact that when I first heard his name I knew he was going to be a part of my life.
  5. His strong hands.
  6. His passion for his work.
  7. His earning potential. (I know it sounds bad but I'm being honest here!)

7 things I often say:

  1. What the hell is up with that????????????
  2. Are you freakin' kidding me?????????????
  3. Mommy loves Luna!!!!!!!!!
  4. Ian is my BEST friend!!!!!!!!!
  5. I have chocolate on my pants!!!! ( almost every freakin' time I eat chocolate!)
  6. I have GOT to start exercising.
  7. I'm watching my show. (All My Children)

7 books I love:

I know it sounds bad but I gave up reading about 12 years ago. The problem with reading is that I become OBSESSED and can't rest until I finish the book. I think some of you might see this in my personality. The last book I read I stayed up the ENTIRE night to finish. That was about 12 years ago and I don't even remember what the name of it was. I do like a few magazines:

  1. People
  2. US Weekly
  3. Star

I think you get the picture. Sad, I know.

7 movies I love:

  1. Sound of Music
  2. Happy Gilmore
  3. The Ringer
  4. The Notebook
  5. 50 First Dates
  6. Wizard of Oz
  7. Officer and a Gentleman (I love Richard Gere in the days before he let his hair turn gray)

*** Why does blogger spell check want to change freakin' to foreskin? Stupid blogger!

I'm supposed to tag 7 other people now but so many of you have already done it so I probably couldn't come up with 7 and well, I'd look like a loser so I'm not going to do it.

9 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Way too funny! And inquiring minds want to know - who is Ian? Big cyber hugs! E

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew I liked you!!!

I think Melissa and I could hold you down and feed you some veggies tho......

10:51 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Oh, the horses, I forgot to put that on mine! Wanted them forever!!! And the animal lover thing, ME TOO! I HATE to see animals running next to busy streets! BREAKS MY HEART

12:33 AM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

Erin,
Ian is my 6 year old son. Everyday he asks me who is your best friend in the whole wide world. I say....Ian is my BEST friend!! =)

8:17 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Ha, ha, ha!!! Good answers ... foreskin (snort) too funny. Blogger has spellcheck??? All this time I was cutting and pasting from Word!
I wanna horse too!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

Oh, sad about leaving Luna. Who will watch your dogs when you are in China?
I take Jeter with me everywhere also. When we go away my mother dogsits, and she spoils them just as much, so I don't freak out any. Jeter has his doggy bed and stash of toys over at Nana's.
Have you noticed that a BUNCH of us have put down Happy Gilmore as a fav. movie? What a bunch of intellectuals we are!!!!
I will have to post a picture of our horse on my blog!
Oh! I forgot...love potato dishes (just made one last night) What is your "mean" dish?

8:32 AM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

Melissa,
I did notice that Happy Gilmore is quite popular. I just think we all share the same sense of humor!! The potato dish or "The Potato Meal" (as I like to call it )has potatoes, cheese, ham & lots of bread crumbs (lots of butter too)!! It's not on the new diet! Very sad. =(

9:05 AM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

I understand about leaving the pups behind when we go to China. I haven't left Sadie for longer than five days in the past 13 years. I, too, get teary thinking about leaving her for two weeks.

We do have great pet sitters, but it's not the same.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

Melissa,
I had just realized I forgot to add this. My Mom is going to watch Luna (she is the ONLY one I trust) and poor Rylee is going to the vets. My Mom can't handle Rylee because she has a very hyper lab of her own. She is also going to come over and feed the 3 cats & 3 birds everyday. She said she actually prefers to watch Rylee over THAT Luna (her exact words)! Luna sometimes is snippy with her beloved Shiloh. I know you may find that hard to believe! I'm going to be a blubbering mess. I already told Jeff I want to call & leave a message on the answering machine so Luna can hear my voice. Tears are flowing.....gotta go now.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..