Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day Was A Bit Stinky!

We woke up this morning with a nasty smell in the air. Rylee (our dog) was sick during the night and had gone #2 all over our camper. Let me tell you that it was the kind that you couldn't just pick up with a pooper scooper! We had forgotten to pack the Bissell (who knew?) so Jeff headed off to the store in search of a camper size steam cleaner. I have to tell you something, if you don't own a Bissell SpotBot ..........................RUN TO YOUR NEAREST HOME DEPOT and get one! I can't believe how this thing works! All you have to do is fill it with cleaner, plug it in, put it on the spot, push the button & walk away! It runs through a cycle and beeps when it is finished. I didn't even need to use the hand attachments. I'm really tempted to go out & buy another one for home! We were able to get all the stains out of the carpeting. However, Rylee also managed to drop a load on my daughter's shorts (2 pair!) with an amazing aim. Both pair of shorts (did I mention that they were both brand new?) had HUGE BROWN STAINS on the butt! Hope was indeed horrified but I told her that we would soak them in water & I should be able to get the HUGE BROWN STAINS out.
We put them out in a bucket and filled it with water. We were packing up to go home and I noticed Jeff looking in the bucket. I told him to dump out the water & we could wrap them up in one of our beach towels. I didn't realize that he decided to hang them on the line to dry (why don't men just do what their told?)! Well, we were several miles down the road & we got to laughing about the shorts when Jeff realized that they were STILL hanging on the line at the campground! Yep, there are two shorts that look like someone took a crap in them blowing in the breeze behind our camper! I am freaking out at this point but he won't turn back! Oh. My. God. Do you realize that the park rangers (who we have gotten to know pretty well) are going to think I crapped my pants????? The reason they are going to think it is me is because my daughter has only gone camping with us twice! They have NEVER met her!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, as I sit here and type this there are two shorts blowing in the breeze with HUGE BROWN STAINS on them behind my camper!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How will I ever show my face around there again???????
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Oh my!! What a weekend!!!!

That spot-bot sure sounds cool though!!

12:27 AM  
Blogger OziMum said...

WHAT A CRACK-UP!!! Thanks for the huge laugh! Fantastic!

4:53 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

LMAO, that's too funny.

Thanks for sharing info. about the spot-bot. With 2 dogs, I definitely need that!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

You know what they say... Shit happens, my darling!
Next time - JUST THROW THE SHORTS AWAY!!!!!!
And Jeter wants Luna to know that it is mostly "fluff"
Most people don't realize Pugs are REALLY fluffy. Throw some water on him and he's half the size. So he wants Luna to know the weight management is mainly for Zeus. He also said she should really keep her comments to herself - he still has nightmares about her "bad hair day"

9:12 AM  
Blogger Kim M. said...

Hey thanks for the advice. I think I'll just leave our dog Rudy home with MOM MOM when we camp....

You are too funny!!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Karen and Jon said...

Sorry but that's funny!! Next time you see the rangers, just ask (with a serious face) if they noticed any activity near your camper lately since it seems that someone left some laundry there.
Thanks for the tip on the spot-bot.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..