Monday, May 01, 2006

No excitement here

I can't believe it has been 5 days since my last post. I don't know if it is the lack of calories in my system that has made me not have much to say OR it might just be that my life is boring and I need to come to terms with that. I remember about a year ago my husband (THE HEALTH NUT) decided that he wasn't going to eat meat anymore. I kid you not, he totally lost his personality! He became so quiet and everyone at work was worried something was wrong with him. I would ask him if something was bothering him and he would say, "I just don't have anything to say." It wasn't long that we figured out that the change in his personality was the result of NO MEAT! I tried for several weeks after that to push a slice of bacon his way, a Big Mac or a side of beef. Finally, after adding meat back into his diet my Jeff was back! I have been averaging about 1200 calories the last 5 days since my last post. Is it the lack of calories or am I just plain boring?! I AM excited about Weigh in Wednesday to see if this torture is paying off. I am glad that so many of you are joining me on the quest to be thinner. I think it is going to help me stay modivated. Is it wrong for me to be happy at the thought that many of you might also be as miserable with your lack of calories? I feel it would be a lie if I didn't admit that to you. Unless something really exciting happens (highly doubtful), I'll talk to you all on Wednesday!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Honey, I know that you can do this! We both can! ~ Fran

12:00 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

Well, I'm perfectly fine and chipper!!!!! Want to know my secret.....I didn't start the diet yet - BAD me!!!!!!
I spent ALL of last night sick & throwing up until around 6am. So does that count as starting my diet? (I hate getting sick, haven't been sick in a LONG time) And you could never be boring - not my lisa!!!!!!

4:09 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

We are peas in a pod! It's been 6 days since I posted for exactly the same reason!!! I just put on a post - my first line reads - No post, coz nothing's happin'n!!! I'm really busy, but it's just boring daily duties-busy! Good luck with the weight loss - I'm not dieting ever again - when I was sick in Bali, I didn't eat for 7 days - and didn't loose a lb. So, I eat what I want (in moderation of course!) so- what you see is what you get!!!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

hi! thanks for the nice comment on my blog & i am having fun reading through your archives!

i went on a MASSIVE diet before we went to china... lots of photos!!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

Hmmmmmmmm... great idea.... I will start on Wednesday. Thanks for the challenge!!!

Lisa

12:24 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Hang in there I know it’s not easy. I’m following right along – I am doing the South Beach diet. I still have 20 lbs to go but I am down 30 since I adopted my son! Oh and about the meat thing – my son is starting to catch on that meat is animals – poor kid, he doesn’t want to eat meat anymore!
p.s. thanks for visiting my new site!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Hi again,
Thanks for the offer to send me a new square but I like the fact that it's the same! :o)

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..