Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day Gifts

I received an early Mother's Day present from Ian on Friday! Ian made this at school and it would have driven him CRAZY if he would have had to wait until Sunday to give it to me! He did such a great job and it will get lots of use with my coffee habit! Thank you Ian!
When I looked at my computer on Sunday it had a new screensaver! How did my daughter know I would open up the lap top?? I guess it is well known around here that I'm addicted to blogging! Thank you for the Mother's Day wish Hope!
Sunday afternoon I noticed the screensaver had changed once again! Thank you Griffin! I hope you guys don't feel bad when I put the old screensaver back on.........LUNA!
My last gift was from Jeff and the kids. Jeff and I aren't ones to buy gifts for each other. Our birthday's are 3 days apart and usually we will buy something for the house. We never exchange gifts on Christmas because for years money was really tight and we wanted to spend what we had on our children. He knows better than to buy me roses on Valentine's Day because I hate spending money on something that will be dead in 3 days! In the past Jeff usually gives me a massage on Mother's Day (done by him) and I really ENJOY it. He continues ask me every year what I would like for Mother's Day and I always tell him not to get me anything. This year I decided that I would like a present. He had a look of panic come across his face not knowing what to buy for me! Jeff is a smart guy and he asked for advice. He had an appointment to get a haircut on Saturday and I was "hoping" he would ask our friend and hair stylist, Mary. Mary is a gal that has impeccable taste! Mary told him that I would love a Coach watch and I must say she was right on! Thank you, Mary (the check is in the mail)! Jeff also surprised me by giving me a massage too! It was a wonderful and relaxing day. I also have decided that presents are GOOD and we can do this again next year!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

great gifts... the cards and travel mug are sweet and the coach watch kicks bootie!!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a super Mother's day! It is nice to be spoiled sometimes!

Love the screensavers! Too funny!

Keep smilin!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Wow, looks like you had a lovely Mother's day! I like the screensaver too - how creative and thoughtful!

3:46 PM  
Blogger MarylandMommy said...

Sounds like you had a very blessed Mother's Day!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

Great watch, good job Jeff!!!! Love the screen savers, and the mug is sweet!
Darren and I usually don't exchange gifts on Christmas either, we are too busy buying for the kids, but it's always nice when you get suprised!!
BTW, I found the bill for the roses I got on Valentines Day this year, $180.00 for 2 dozen rose that died 4 days later!!! I was SOOOOO pissed, it took all the romance out of the roses because all I kept thinking about was all the things I could have bought with that $180.00.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Hey, oh, a message sounds good! I worked out in the yard all day, and my bones hurt! I do love roses, but I buy them myself, only I'm addicted to planting the whole bush, that way, I can just go out in the yard, and snip a few every few days. Right now I'm up to 5 different rose bushes and waiting on one to come any day so I can plant it! My husband and I usually don't give each other gifts either, we just kinda buy whatever through out the year. Hope your day was great!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Wishing you a belated Happy Mothers Day! Sounds like you had a great day! Kudos to your family!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..