Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It's Weigh In Wednesday!


Is it Wednesday already? All the days kind of blur together now because I'm pretty much eating the same thing day in and day out. This week I had a 1/2 pound loss. Not a big drop but it was still a drop and I am thankful about that. I have still been "thinking" about adding exercise but can't stand the thought of sweating to the oldies or the disco beat with Richard Simmons! I don't know why because everyone looks like they are having such a good time in the picture. How are all of you doing? I know we had some late starters and some people that don't own a scale yet. I have a question for you.......Why is it that it can take weeks to lose 5 pounds and yet you can easily gain 5 pounds (or more) in a weekend? It's just not right! I already know that I won't be able to stick to my diet plan this weekend. We have family coming over and then the BIG Mother's Day brunch. I'll probably polish off 1200 calories in my Mother's Day appetizer alone! Just hoping I don't gain the 5 pounds back in that one meal!

11 Comments:

Blogger Pug Mama said...

That picture really made me laugh, I don't know what it is about him, but I can't keep a straight face when looking at him.
Haven't bought a scale yet....I know, I suck. Good point about the gaining 5lbs. question, but here's my question.
How come your husband can loose weight so much easily with such less effert?INFURIATING!!!!!!!!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I so know what you mean! I hate that my weight fluctuates so much from day to day even. I probably shouldn't weigh so often though. Today I am still 186lbs that is a 2lb lost from last week. I have only cut back portion size and sweets. I added a 200 yards of walking by parking 50 yards out from where I work. I'll add weights to my walks next week.

You are doing great!!

9:52 AM  
Blogger M3 said...

Hm, I lost one dang pound. But I keep losing and gaining the same weight over and over and over. I bet I've "lost" 50 pounds in the last year but the net net is a gain... :-(

2:59 PM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

I went in today so that I could post on your "Weigh In Wednesday"!!

I've lost 9 lbs this month!

So this now brings my total to 39 lbs lost since our China medical which was on Valentines Day!!

Yipee!!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Is it too late to join in? I would love to have a place to check in.

Stacy

5:17 PM  
Blogger Elle said...

I actually gained 2 pounds. I am hoping that it is because it is that time of the month.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

NO!!!! Please!! Don't bring out the Richard Simmons!!! aaaaaggghhh!
(Congrats on the continued weight loss though!)

6:30 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Well - if you're going to put weight on - you may as well have a fantastic time doing it!!!

I've got a tip for you - passed down from my Dad, who endured many years of watching my Mum try to lose weight -
Before getting on the scales; cut your toe/finger nails, brush your hair, brush your teeth, shave your armpits, legs and bikini line (or the whole lower regions - it might take off quite a bit if you've let it go awhile!), and the last pearl of wisdom - have a big poo.

That's why Australians are so hairless!!!!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Kramer said...

I lost 2 lbs. Not a hugh loss but I really haven't changed too much yet but I did start walking more. I have been trying to eat a better breakfast, I go to work at 5:30am and sometimes stop at McDonalds but not anymore! I am so glad all of you are here doing this. I have always hated to put my weight but I really want to do this so here goes; I started at 177.5 2 weeks ago and this morning it was 174. This is still way too much but it is a start. Hope to have good news for you next week!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

May I join too? Just started at a new gym Tuesday so would like the added incentive of having somewhere to check in each week.

Thanks!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Thumbelina's Mom said...

Gained one pound, so I'm at zilch. But it's fluid retention...or maybe that chocolate muffin...

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..