Thursday, May 04, 2006

I'm nesting!


I'm not sure what has gotten into me the last week or so. I have been busy busy at work trying to clear off my desk of all the paperwork that I have been putting off for M O N T H ' S! I even worked thru lunch today (All I have been eating is popcorn for lunch so I can chew & work at the same time, without much trouble)! One of the girls at work said she thinks I'm nesting. I have to say......I think I am! I started thinking about it as I was driving home from work today. I was wondering why I would be nesting now when we have months (& months-sigh) before Ava comes home. I think that this whole new diet plan & getting organized is because I realized that I have NO control over the CCAA & my referral. I am at their mercy. I think that because I have no control over them, I need to take control of things that I can control. Make any sense?
I'm a control freak, always have been. It is hard for me not to feel in control when it comes to the adoption. I think that as why I am obsessed right now at getting all other areas of my life in order. First, I balanced my checkbook and now all this! Where does it end?????????

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Woah! You balanced your checkbook? This may require some sort of intervention! I have NEVER balanced my checkbook.

I think what you say makes TOTAL sense. You're struggling to control the things that are within your power because such an important thing is out of your control. I'm doing it too, and I totally understand.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am a control freak and was crazed when we were preparing out file for China. I had to force myself to let go when we handed it in and I "Released" it into the world hoping that it will complete the stages it must go through without me following the progress intently! It's hard but I focus on controlling the things in my life that I can look after. Like moving...yikes! Then the nesting will start..can't wait for that!

Keep smilin!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

That is whats makes this so hard, the lack of control. This is the FIRST time in my adult life that I am not in control, and it is terrible!!!!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..