Monday, May 08, 2006

Busy Bone


Yep, whoever thought up the name for these babies sure knew what they were talking about.
They kept my pups busy for quite awhile. They kept me busier even longer as I tried to clean the huge freakin' stain off my off white carpeting!!!! I hauled out the handy dandy Bissell and that didn't even get the huge pink stain off the carpet. While I was busy scrubbing the stain, I decided to give the nice people at Purina a call. When the "nice" lady answered my call I politely asked her why they would make a dog bone that stains your carpeting. She responded by saying that I should contact a professional carpet cleaner. I again asked why on earth (I had a bit of an edge at this point) they would make a dog bone that stains the carpeting. She told me they add food coloring to make it "more appealing" to the dogs. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't dogs color blind? (I didn't say that- was only thinking that part in my head). I did ask why on earth they would make it "more appealing" for the dogs when dogs will eat their own CRAP! I also told her that I DID NOT find the color appealing to my carpeting! She "nicely" pointed out that the box says to feed on an easy to clean surface. I realized at that point I wasn't going to get anywhere with her and I hung up. I wouldn't even feed these to my dogs on my driveway.......it's THAT bad! Does anyone know a good carpet cleaner?

6 Comments:

Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Oh No!!!!

Hope you are able to find something that works!!!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

That is too funny!!!!!!! Dogs are color blind, oh god, you made me laugh.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually I read they make the treats more appealing to the humans who buy it. So we think it is nicer looking and therefore better tasting for the pooch.

That super sucks that it stained and even worse that the customer service rep was a twit!

Keep smilin! (and Bissell-ing!)

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!! The same thing happened with us! Those things kept them busy, but I can't get the stains out. God I hate carpet.

Try the Meaty Bone ones (shaped like bones) no color, and keeps our girls busy for 40 min. And that is a record.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've used a 1:10 bleach water solution on my very light carpet. Worth a shot...

3:17 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

oh lordy, that is too funny!

except the stain... the stain sucks.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..