Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Brown Envelope

We received THE BROWN ENVELOPE today! I knew the second I opened the mailbox because it is BROWN and it is BIG! I guess you really don't need to receive this because they will just give you the papers in China to fill out but.......... I WANTED IT!!!!!!! It feels good to have one less thing on my list of things to obsess about. You guys didn't realize I was obsessing about the brown envelope......WELL, I WAS!!!!!! To cover our address up (sorry stalker's) I used the very first toy I bought for Ava. I bought it the day that our home study was completed at a little toy store near the place where I had it notarized (Thanks Chris!). The toy is probably going to scare the poop out of her with it's VERY loud popping noise. I keep it on my dresser and give it a rub for good luck every morning.

12 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Yay! The Brown Envelope's, they are a comin'! Very cool!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

WOnderful!!!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

CONGRATS!!!!!
No B.E. for me.
Maybe I should give your ladybug a rub.
boy...that sounded bad!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Stephanie V said...

I remember squeeeeealing in my car when that BIG envelope was shoved in my mailbox.

Yay! You're paperwork is officially in China!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Elle said...

Awesome!!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

WOOO HOOO!!! I know what you mean... everyone says that sometimes you do get the 'brown envelope' and sometimes you don't... So, having said that!!! I WANT ONE!!! I am happy for you both. I was so excited for you!

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Brown Envelope!

Forgive my Canadian background, but what does that signify?

Keep smilin!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

I don't think we get the infamouse "Brown Envelope" here in Canada??!!!

We also own that very cute (but sometimes very annoying) ladybug popper! We've had it for years and you just now reminded me of it and that it's a LADYBUG!! I might have to go digging to the bottom of the boys toy box to find it and put it away for Annaliese!!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Mrs Pushy said...

I didn't realize how much I wanted to get the brown envelope... until I actually got it!! It's a great feeling that you're one step closer! Congratulations!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hoy wow!! Congrats!!

2:22 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Oh bugga! And I was so hopin to get your address and hide in your bushes to watch you!

LOL! give your ladybug a rub!!! If I believed that'd work, I'd wear a hole through the plastic!!!

:) Congrats on some progress! We don't get big brown envelopes. We have to wait til our agency phones, and GO IN to see our referral - no emailing, no over the phone details. Yes, the Aussie Govt is all a little anal!
Lee-Anne

8:23 PM  
Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

Yippee!!! Love the BROWN!!!! CCAA now knows you are serious about coming to pick up Ava!!

Lisa

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..