Saturday, April 22, 2006

When did it happen?


The other night I went to kindergarten round-up at school. My little boy is heading off to kindergarten next fall. I can't believe how fast time really does fly by. Some day's it seems like I just brought him home from the hospital. I noticed something that night when I was standing in line to register him. When did I become one of the older Mom's? When did it happen? I remember feeling pretty darn cool when I was taking my daughter to pre-school 11 year's ago, when I was definitely one of the young hip Mom's. Sure, I'm still hip (who am I kidding, even the word make's me sound ancient...ugh!) and all but let's just say I look more "experienced" than some of the Mom's at the kindergarten round-up. Then my mind traveled to the day that I register Ava for kindergarten. People are going to think I'm Ava's grandma or something! Sorry folks, I still haven't gotten over turning the big 4-0 in November. Where am I going with all this rambling you ask?
Well, what I am trying to get at is this........Time really does fly by! I really don't know how it's already time to send send my baby to kindergarten. I really don't know how I got to be the "F
word" because I don't feel that old. Time is flying by quickly and you know what that means? Well, it made me realize our Ava will be here before we know it. I'm sure this next year will pass by just a quickly as the one's before it! I think it's a given.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Honey if 30 is the new 20 according to Sex & the City, then 40 is the new 30!! Its all a state of consciousness. {{hugs}}

4:32 PM  
Blogger Karen and Jon said...

I have been thinking recently how fast last year went - that is helping me cope w/ the wait. I understand the "F word". I will be a first time mom at 42.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

I've been doing alot of thinking about when Ava starts school also. Right now I am considered the "cool" mom by my kids friends. They always want to come over to our house to hang out 'cause we are the "fun" family, with the "cool" parents. I wonder will be considered the "old" parents when it's Ava's turn to have her friends over?

11:15 AM  
Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

I am hyperventating about this one.... PANIC!!! I just turned 49 in March.... FIFTY when I go to get Tate!!!! Collecting retirement when she is in middle school.... Oh crap, I'm having chest pains..... BREATHE....

Lisa

7:02 PM  
Blogger Kim M. said...

Oh you sound like me. I think school reminds us how fast our children grow up. Going to the Big K is a big deal. I have a feeling that first day is going to be hard. Hang in there Mom. Just cherish each day.

By the way I turn 35 in 2 weeks and I don't want to talk about it.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Elle said...

I keep telling myself that 40 is the new 30 - it helps...sorta.

Time really does fly. For some reason it seems to go faster after child #2. Can't imagine what it is going to be like when we bring Ayden home.

I don't care how old I am - I will always be cool! ; )

1:05 PM  
Blogger mskajlc said...

My oldest is 18yrs and in September my youngest will be headed to middle school.. by the time Lia starts school I will have one in Kindergarten and one in HIGH SCHOOL!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..