Saturday, April 08, 2006

One Month Since LID

Our dossier was logged in exactly one month ago today to the CCAA. This mean's that we are
one month closer to bringing Ava home. I wish more than anything that I would have some
idea how much longer it will take...........it's anyone's guess at this point. When we started the
adoption process back in August, 2005 it was taking about 6 month's from your LID (log-in-date) until you received your referral. I remember hoping that we would travel this August before the kid's started back to school. Then we hit a slowdown with immigration in Detroit.
If ONLY we had started the process a couple week's earlier before they moved the office to Detroit we would be celebrating our 3 month LID instead of our 1st. Then I think if ONLY we
would of started the process in 2004 when I had the application in my hand's we would have Ava home and we would never of had to deal with the new time frame's and the stress of not knowing. I guess I can keep thinking if ONLY but it is what it is. I have to believe that there must be a reason that all this is playing out this way. The child that is meant to be our Ava must not need us yet....she may have not even been born. As disappointing and stressful as this wait has become I must keep reminding myself of this: It is going to happen when it was meant to
happen and not a minute sooner.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i've heard that when you look into your daughter's eyes for the first time all the regrets for not having started sooner will melt away be/c you will see that this cild that you are gazing at is your daughter and had you'd started any earlier she'd not be. Take heart.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Kim M. said...

Congrats on 0ne Month. Keep thinking that way. Ava needed you to have LID just when you did. Not sooner not later!

7:23 AM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Happy 1 month Anniversary!!! LOVE the pic of the baby in the tub!!! Hilarious!!! Think I'll nick that one!

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is full of coulda, woulda, and shouldas but everything is happening on schedule in the big picture of life!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..