Monday, April 17, 2006

Getting Organized!


Alright, I'm going to tell you a dirty little secret of mine. I have not balanced my personal checking account since I opened it almost 5 year's ago. Usually, if it get's really messed up I'll close it and get a new one. This is NOT something that I shared with our social worker so pleeeeez keep this to yourself. Thank goodness our business account is balanced by one of our girl's in our office. I just don't know what my problem is as I am totally capable of balancing the checkbook........I just don't want to deal with it! So anywho, once again my checking account show's less than what I thought it should have in it (like about $500 less). I usually blame my husband since nine times out of ten, it's HIS fault anyway. He alway's hand's me a stack of debit receipt's that are 3 week's old. Then there are the receipt's that get LOST. So, I went to the bank this morning and asked for a print out of the account and like every other time blamed Jeff (hey, he wasn't there and I have to save face as I am overdrawn......AGAIN!). I guess I should have owned up to my part of this mess but, it's easier and much more fun to blame Jeff! The nice lady at the bank told me about online banking! I think she is tired of me asking for print out's of my account. I don't know why I haven't done this sooner. I can check my account daily and head off any problem's before they happen. I can probably pay for my airline ticket's to China with the money I am going to save in NSF fee's...........kidding. So, I am going to spend the rest of the afternoon trying to figure out my "exact" balance. I'm going to get to it as soon as I'm done checking my email's, read some more blogs, hit the rumor site, eat lunch, check to see if anyone updated their blog, check to see if anyone left me any comment's and make a couple phone call's. Hmmm I think I'll just work on it tomorrow as my day seem's quite full. Gosh, I'm so glad I'm finally getting myself organized!

6 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I know I am only helping you procrastinate by writing a comment but I had to let you know that you are not alone. Until I married Bob, I hadn't balanced my checkbook in about a year. He is a economics major and loves all things "balanced" so he took it upon himself to balance my checkbook after we started dating. He found an automatic withdrawal of $68 a month for insurance that I hadn't had in almost 8 months! It was nice getting that $500+ check from the insurance company! So, don't feel bad! :-) Erin (who gladly lets her hubby handle the finances)

1:36 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

Before I finished reading your whole post I was thinking, "Lisa, why the heck don't you have online banking?!" (Remember, I was a teller for several years.)
I think my best teller story was when this idiot customer walked in (YES, we had several) and wanted to know why his wife's name appeared ABOVE his on his checks. (It took everything in me not to say, "maybe she likes to be on top") Anyway, he said that just wouldn't do, HIS name had to be first, and he ordered brand new checks, with his BIG, MACHO, CHAUVINISTIC, STUPID name on top of his wife's. That was putting her in her place, pig!!!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Elle said...

I hate balancing the checkbook too. Online banking is the BEST for checking balances and checks that have cleared.

Did you ever find time in your busy schedule to sign-up??? =)

8:12 AM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

Shelli,
The lady at the bank signed me up! It a couple of day's I will have my password. It is going to be so handy since I do use the computer from time to time (ha ha ha) and I'll just remember to check it like it's a blog or something! I don't know what took me so long to sign up as it will be so much more convenient! I think it's because I used to hate computer's.....now, I can't live without them! :)

7:23 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

Lisa, darling, you have been tagged. Check out my blog.

9:22 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Hence the reason I don't have a cheque book!!!! Although I am "the girl" who does the bookkeepping in our office...that's a little scary!!!!

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..