Friday, April 14, 2006

BEWARE Of Slow Moving Mice!

I'm going to warn everyone right now.....If you have a weak stomach then please don't read any further. If you know it might be bad but are still so curious to hear THE MOST DISGUSTING thing that has EVER happened to me, read on. Most night's my husband and I head outside
to our hot tub. We feel it really help's with all the stress of the day and help's both of us sleep better. It is a nice relaxing time where we can catch up with all the day's gossip. Last night we headed out to the hot tub per usual. About a half and hour later we were getting sleepy and decided it was time to head in to bed. I usually have my favorite fuzzy rob and my favorite Ugg slipper's readily available as I climb out of the tub. Last night I put on my rob and slipper's and took a couple step's and realized I stepped on "something" but because it
was dark, had no clue what it might be. I just "knew" it was bad.....VERY bad. I took off my slipper and there was a lot of gross white stuff all over the bottom. It looked like if you just stepped on the world's biggest zit and popped it. I apologize for being so graphic but I DID WARN YOU. Jeff told me to turn on the light and after I did he said something like, "EWWW"
and I was screaming "WHAT!!!" and he's say's "It was a mouse!" At this point I was screaming so loud that I probably woke up the whole neighborhood. I was yelling, "WAS IT ALREADY DEAD WHEN I STEPPED ON IT?" and he is calmly saying, "It is really hard to determine that." He later informed me that it was a very LARGE mouse. He said it was probably 4 inches long without the tail. It felt HUGE when I stepped on it and I will never get the "feeling" or the "sound" that it made on impact out of my mind. You all are really fortunate that I don't know how to add audio to this blog. I would have been searching for just the right sound clip. I am just so happy that it is a "Jeff job" to clean up the remain's. I haven't looked but I think it is going to take more than a shovel for this job! I think he might have to get out the power sprayer! That poor mouse didn't stand a chance with my size 9 Ugg's and the extra weight I have put on during the paperchase! Jeff said he will clean up my slipper's for me. I just don't know what to think about that. They were kind of expensive however, I don't think I could ever get passed it.
The sad part......It wasn't the only thing I squished that day. I ran over a turtle on my way to work that morning.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa~~ said...

ewwwww...don't know if I could wear the slippers again even if cleaned up, nice hubby for taking on that job. Of course I had to read the whole story, got sucked in, just like I do with referral rumors!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

Oh.my.god.
I don't care if I would have paid $500.00 for those slippers, they would be history.
I hear you on the gaining weight thing. With my two pregnancies I lost weight for the first 5 months. Yes, lost weight. I was terribly sick ALL the time. Couldn't even drink water without getting sick.
Well, with this "pregnancy" I'm packing it on. I think I most have gained 10 pounds already. If this is a 12 month wait... well, I don't even want to think about it!! With what I've packed on, I would be able to smush a whole mouse family.
sad.very.sad.
And, to say it's a disgusting story, and not to read on, is like telling me not to stare at butt cracks. Sadly,I have no control, I just have to.

4:13 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

You ran over your turtle. Hmmm... I'm not even going to ask how you did that?!!!

And I should've heeded your warning, as I was eating my breakfast - grosse.

Ohhh, just pick out the chunky bits and give the soles of the slippers a wash - she'll be right mate!!!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Elle said...

That is disgusting! I would be scarred for life. Mouse guts -- can you truly get your UGGS cleaned? Toss 'em. You deserve a new pair after the pain and suffering you AND the mouse endured! =)

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewwwwwww....I would toss the slippers. Just thank G*d that you were wearing slippers!!!!!!

Julie
http://spaces.msn.com/larivieres/
p.s. I hope it's ok that I added you to my blogroll ...

2:56 PM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

Julie,
Thanks for adding me to your blogroll!
Lee-Anne,
It wasn't my turtle that I ran over. Just a turtle that was crossing the street. I wish he would have been moving a bit faster.....I'm sure he does too.
Update: Jeff got out the power sprayer as it was the only way he could remove the outline of the mouse from the cement. I finally was brave enough to use the hot tub again. As for the slipper's.....they are history!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..