Thursday, March 23, 2006

WHAT A RIDE IT IS!

So, I think I'm over my little pity party over not having a log-in-date (LID) yet. What a
week it has been. I never realized how difficult this adoption would be and all the up's and
down's we will have along the way. I have felt so down these last few day's when the rumor
was announced that the CCAA was only sending out referral's up to and including May 30th.
I REALLY thought that they would at the very least go thru June 15th. I just feel so sorry
for the families with that May 31 LID. I cannot even begin to imagine their disappointment.
So, me not having my LID is nothing compared to what they are dealing with or what the
families dealt with that were among the lost referral's last month. I know I'm logged
in and I'm going to do my very best to stop moaning about it! Our journey to Ava is going
to be the ride of lifetime in spite of all the up's and down's! Glad so many of us are enjoying
this ride together! Oh, and I'm ditching the Stone's! I really don't think they were helping
my mood any!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pug Mama said...

I just can't believe how they are chopping the months up!!!
What will be next... a week at a time...
Let me stop.
Happy thoughts! Let's just say we have a March 3rd LID. I lost someone I loved on March 3rd, and it would be great to associate it with something wonderful instead.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

Melissa,
March 3rd has alway's been special to me for another reason. It was the birthday of my favorite cat that I received when I was 16 year's old. He died just 3 week's shy of his 20th birthday. I'm sorry you lost someone special on that day but I agree it would be nice to associate it with something wonderful. I also, wouldn't mind March 2nd since it is my brother's birthday or March 1 or February 28th...you get where I'm going with this! :)

7:51 PM  
Blogger Elle said...

It took almost 8 very LONG weeks until we found out out LID. The days just wouldn't go fast enough.

I feel awful for the people that were expecting or hoping to get referrals this time. I just don't get it!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..