Monday, January 30, 2006

Weekend Ramblings

We had planned to go out to our local Chinese Restaurant to celebrate CNY but, it was cold & rainy and staying home seemed like a better plan. I'm sure next CNY will be different as
hopefully, we will have Ava home (finger's crossed).

We had our passport size picture's taken at Walmart. I only had her try twice as I thought I
am kinda picky and I wouldn't be satisfied anyway. The picture really wasn't bad. Jeff's had
to be taken twice because he looked jaundice in the first one. I'm not sure what happened with
that. Jeff is going to print off the rest of the family photo's today and we sh0uld be all set.
I keep going over the list for the dossier to make sure everything is in order. I awoke at 3:00
A.M. remembering that I also need a copy of the dossier for our records. I had already mailed
a final payment to Sherry (Over the Rainbow Dossier Service) and never mentioned she would
need to mail a set to me. I guess I'll have to cut her another check for copies & mailing. Gosh,
I'll be glad when all this paperwork is finished! I'm really not sleeping well at night with all this
on my mind.

We are still hoping for a DTC date of February 10th. It seems to me that it takes about 3
weeks after the DTC date to be logged in at the CCAA ( I learned this bit of info during my
many hours stalking other blogs) and that "should" give us a early March LID. That's a very
good thing since, the CCAA has been splitting month's. I don't want to have to wait for our little
bambino any longer than necessary. So, hopefully everything goes smoothly with our
authentication and we get that 2/10 DTC and I can start sleeping again. If I'm not sleeping
now, what's going to happen when we are waiting for our referral or TA?!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

So, did you make it??? We should have used the courier. Maybe next week. ;o(

5:09 PM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

We made it! I checked your site
and was sad to see you didn't make
it in time (however, the apple did
look pretty darn good) but, you will get there for sure next Friday! Let's hope we still travel in the same group :)
Lisa

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..