Tuesday, January 24, 2006

We Are Almost There!

Our I-171H (who the heck decided to call it that) will be traveling to Lansing on Thursday
with Sherry M. Sherry will send it to the courier on Friday so, she can hand deliver it to
the Chinese Consulate in Chicago. Because, of Chinese New Year the Consulate will be closed
Monday & Tuesday. Our form will be delivered on Wednesday when the Consulate re-opens.
I guess it will be a 4 day turn around. We could be an extra $30 a form to have a quicker turn around but, I think we need to draw the line somewhere. We have at least 11 documents
to be authenticated (30 x 11= a lot) so, I don't think I'm going to pay extra to get it there
faster. At this point we HOPE to get it to our agency by Wednesday, February 8th. They
send out dossiers on Fridays, as long as they receive by 10:00 A.M. on Wednesday. We're
going to keep are finger's crossed (and anything else the crosses)!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Hi Lisa,
We have come to a similar conclusion. Our I-171H should be arriving at the consulate today for authentication. We were going to pay for the expediting and a courier but chose to 'stop the insanity' and let things take their course. We too are hoping for a Feb. 10th DTC. I think I'm going to try to take a deep breath and plan a little DTC party for the family when the day FINALLY arrives. Hopefully we will be DTC together!!! -Jenn

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,
Our I-171H won't reach the consulate until Wednesday when they re-open. I hate to admit this (since, I said I wouldn't do it) I am having them expedite all
11 (choke) forms. If I hadn't we
would have to wait until Feb 17th and that might make us wait an extra month for our referral. So, I'm ashamed to say we are buying our way there. Regardless, here's to us both being DTC 2/10! Yippee!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

That last post was from me. Not sure why it came up as anonymous.
Lisa

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..